P3 S for fishing (looking for help here)

Reaction score
Hi All,

So, my 1st post, and before I start, I have gone through all threads on drone fishing.

My only ask here is, will flying a P3S over ocean harm its electronics ?

What are the recommendations for drone fishing? Is there any other cheap drone which can be substituted for P3S?

My only purpose to buy drone is to do fishing, not at ALL interested in camera or its quality,

Reactions: Simba01
No it sure wont harm the electronics....salt water spray would and Hey why spend near $400.00 and then more for a few extra batterys When you can go ahead and buy many good fishing poles and tackle for that kind of money...its kinda a wasteful thing...to Not use the drones camera.....Keep the sport s i m p l e Buy a bunch of great ocean reels and poles and bait enjoy the sport the best proven way.

Hi All,

So, my 1st post, and before I start, I have gone through all threads on drone fishing.

My only ask here is, will flying a P3S over ocean harm its electronics ?

What are the recommendations for drone fishing? Is there any other cheap drone which can be substituted for P3S?

My only purpose to buy drone is to do fishing, not at ALL interested in camera or its quality,

I use my P3P to take the line out and drop it.
No probs.

No it sure wont harm the electronics....salt water spray would and Hey why spend near $400.00 and then more for a few extra batterys When you can go ahead and buy many good fishing poles and tackle for that kind of money...its kinda a wasteful thing...to Not use the drones camera.....Keep the sport s i m p l e Buy a bunch of great ocean reels and poles and bait enjoy the sport the best proven way.
I do not have a boat, my only reason for buying a drone for fishing is to cast deeper, how can I do that using poles?

I use my P3P to take the line out and drop it.
No probs.

May I know, what reel do you use and what type of line?
I am looking to buy everything afresh, P3S, reel and line.

I assume you must be casting within a km range, so you would be using a long line

May I know, what reel do you use and what type of line?
I am looking to buy everything afresh, P3S, reel and line.

I assume you must be casting within a km range, so you would be using a long line

I'm just using my normal surf rod and reel and taking it out 200m.
I would go further but that's all my reel holds.
Watch out for tangles as it goes out or you'll be in trouble.
The trick is to lay the rod down and just loosen the drag off.
Don't try to use a rod holder while flying or the line will get tangled around the props.
I just bent a piece of brass rod into a hook and zip tied it to the lower legs.
Fly out , turn around and fly backwards and the line slides off.

I'm just using my normal surf rod and reel and taking it out 200m.
I would go further but that's all my reel holds.
Watch out for tangles as it goes out or you'll be in trouble.
The trick is to lay the rod down and just loosen the drag off.
Don't try to use a rod holder while flying or the line will get tangled around the props.
I just bent a piece of brass rod into a hook and zip tied it to the lower legs.
Fly out , turn around and fly backwards and the line slides off.
yeah, thats the plan. but 200m is very less... (

when you say lay the rod down, you mean just make it horizontal and leave the drag?
can you show me your drone pic so I can understand what you did?

Yep
Leave the rod horizontal and take off with the line attached.
Don't try to affix the line while hovering.
In the section where the pics are you'll see a list of all the things I tried and the results

One thing most don’t think about is seagull attacks. Ask me how I know. Anything that moves in or around the fishing pier here is fair game for those flying roaches.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

$400 will get you into the lower end of quality salt water shore rods. However, no matter what rod setup you have, you can only cast so far.

Honestly, for shore fishing, getting your bait 100 yards further away can make a lot of difference.

I've spent a lot on my p4p setup, intended for photography, not fishing. I've probably spent triple that on rod/reel combos and I'm only sitting on 5 rods. We won't discuss the boat.....

All I'm saying is that I would not write off adding a drone to my fishing kit, especiallyif I were land bound.

To the OP.... I wouldn't discount camera quality and tablet quality. Sight fishing is an awesome ability.

$400 will get you into the lower end of quality salt water shore rods. However, no matter what rod setup you have, you can only cast so far.

Honestly, for shore fishing, getting your bait 100 yards further away can make a lot of difference.

I've spent a lot on my p4p setup, intended for photography, not fishing. I've probably spent triple that on rod/reel combos and I'm only sitting on 5 rods. We won't discuss the boat.....

All I'm saying is that I would not write off adding a drone to my fishing kit, especiallyif I were land bound.

To the OP.... I wouldn't discount camera quality and tablet quality. Sight fishing is an awesome ability.

I see a lot of other drones like, MJX Bugs 3, XIAOMI MI drone.. just confused which one to go for.

All I want is to eat fish.

I seriously do not have any interest in camera

I see a lot of other drones like, MJX Bugs 3, XIAOMI MI drone.. just confused which one to go for.

All I want is to eat fish.

I seriously do not have any interest in camera

I would consider what type of fishing you are doing. How much weight do you use? How large/heavy is the bait? Toy drones won't carry much and the phantom series has limits as well.

If you are hungry fishing, the drone might not be the right fit for your needs.

Sounds like you need a "large Remote Controlled boat" ....No camera and it wont sink IF it gets tangled in the line....seems like a much more FUN idea too and IF you take the kids along....they would have a blast tearing UP the water away from where the bait was tugged out of the RC boat......well to me its a Very Fun Idea and id do it...and sea gulls wont Attack it.

Sounds like you need a "large Remote Controlled boat" ....No camera and it wont sink IF it gets tangled in the line....seems like a much more FUN idea too and IF you take the kids along....they would have a blast tearing UP the water away from where the bait was tugged out of the RC boat......well to me its a Very Fun Idea and id do it...and sea gulls wont Attack it.

You know what!! I was searching this the other day, I could not find which one is a good bt and how to drop bait since line can get tangled in the propellers.

Do you have any recommendations?

Screenshot_20180802-214100.jpg
You know what!! I was searching this the other day, I could not find which one is a good bt and how to drop bait since line can get tangled in the propellers.

Do you have any recommendations?
Have search on ebay,,cheap ones or very expensive ones,,$$$$$$$ game
Screenshot_20180802-213713.jpg

Thought about trying that at the beach in Nags Head, NC. Then found out it is a class one misdemeanor to hunt or fish from a drone in the state of NC. Check local laws before using your drone to fish.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic