P3-Remote Connection

Reaction score
Purchased a used Phantom 3 (actually 2, but will get to the smaller issue later). Upon powering on the remote, then the P3, it takes several tries with the remote to get the props spinning. If I land, the P3 will resume operating as normal. Just the initial takeoff is the problem (I've given up after 15-20 attempts to fly, just to have it start after 3 tries the next day). I have no user guide, and have followed YouTube videos on pairing. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

Upon powering on the remote, then the P3, it takes several tries with the remote to get the props spinning.
Perhaps a routine RC calibration?

Reactions: JoBe and SSGSid
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: JoBe
I believe what you may be experiencing might be obvious if you were working with the DJI Go app involved in the process. I have experienced delays when starting up my P3P for the 1st time. I get a message on my tablet screen via DJI GO to wait "that the IMU is warming up". After a short time (like a minute or less .... but not right away) that message goes away and I can start and fly...... but until that time has passed the motors won't start. If I land and take off again shortly, no delay is incurred. You really need to get it (and get the DJI GO app involved in your flying to experience to gain the full measure of enjoyment from your P3)

I believe what you may be experiencing might be obvious if you were working with the DJI Go app involved in the process. I have experienced delays when starting up my P3P for the 1st time. I get a message on my tablet screen via DJI GO to wait "that the IMU is warming up". After a short time (like a minute or less .... but not right away) that message goes away and I can start and fly...... but until that time has passed the motors won't start. If I land and take off again shortly, no delay is incurred. You really need to get it (and get the DJI GO app involved in your flying to experience to gain the full measure of enjoyment from your P3)
I think this might be it. I tried the other remote, which DID NOT WORK AT ALL. The P3 will always fly, it just takes a while. For the IMU I suppose. I can't get the app to do anything past the camera screen (I have no gimbal/camera). Thanks, all.

I think this might be it. I tried the other remote, which DID NOT WORK AT ALL. The P3 will always fly, it just takes a while. For the IMU I suppose. I can't get the app to do anything past the camera screen (I have no gimbal/camera). Thanks, all.
The limited power of the phone/tablet you are using may be an issue. When I first purchased Litchi .... for an android device, I was denied the download because the android device (tablet) I was using successively with DGI GO was not adequate to support Litchi.

Reactions: JoBe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers