P3 props

Reaction score
Looking for a bit of advice I've broke a prop on the p3 and dont have a spare
But I've a few sets of the 8045 props off a p1 can I use these props on the p3
Tia bax

Looking for a bit of advice I've broke a prop on the p3 and dont have a spare
But I've a few sets of the 8045 props off a p1 can I use these props on the p3
Tia bax
I assume that you've got the self-locking, ie threaded, props for the P1? Otherwise you'll need some suitable locking nuts too...

If so give them (or it) a spin and the circuitry and ESC's will probably handle it, will make any necessary adjustments and it'll fly quite OK. But with significantly smaller props you might be lacking lift. I sometimes mix both motors (within reason) and props (within reason) on my racing drones with no problems if I'm lacking an exact match.

Not a Phantom, but see here:-

On the other hand, maybe you don't want to take any risks?.... In which case, order some new and correct props and wait until they arrive.

Your choice, of course... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sdileon
All the PID algorithms will be tuned to the standard 9" props which means props smaller or larger than 9" may introduce inefficiencies. It will probably fly OK with 8" props but I wouldn't bother. Flight time on a full charge would be less I'd say. The correct props are so cheap and readily available ... why risk it?

Last edited:
I assume that you've got the self-locking, ie threaded, props for the P1? Otherwise you'll need some suitable locking nuts too...

If so give them (or it) a spin and the circuitry and ESC's will probably handle it, will make any necessary adjustments and it'll fly quite OK. But with significantly smaller props you might be lacking lift. I sometimes mix both motors (within reason) and props (within reason) on my racing drones with no problems if I'm lacking an exact match.

Not a Phantom, but see here:-

On the other hand, maybe you don't want to take any risks?.... In which case, order some new and correct props and wait until they arrive.

Your choice, of course... :)

(Later:) I now see that you asked a fairly similar but reverse-direction question here a couple of weeks ago:-

The P3 props are easy to come by and not expensive. If only for peace of mind, I would suggest replacing the prop with a new one only from the same part number.

Reactions: dronesky
Ok well yeah i have a fc40 and now a p3
So I gave it a go the fc did not like the 9 inch props at all and was very unstable
But the p3 took the 8 inch props and flew just fine bit did lose flight time
So it will work one way but not the other
Regards

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj