P3 Propellers stripped

D

DrewFlies

Ok so my P3 propeller is stripped. It just wont tighten and I dont feel safe flying it. Its way too loose in my opinion so it looks likenl you will have to replace the props every 40 flights or so. I can imagine anybody with a backpack or case that takes off propellers as much as me will have the same problem soon enough. This is a very big dissapointment

Ok so my P3 propeller is stripped. It just wont tighten and I dont feel safe flying it. Its way too loose in my opinion so it looks likenl you will have to replace the props every 40 flights or so. I can imagine anybody with a backpack or case that takes off propellers as much as me will have the same problem soon enough. This is a very big dissapointment

I have 4x that many flights and using the same 4 props. I put my craft in a backpack after each outing. You snug them down, no need over tighten them.

I have 4x that many flights and using the same 4 props. I put my craft in a backpack after each outing. You snug them down, no need over tighten them.

I dont buy that at all. It even comes with a wrench. Not a torc wrench. I make sure there tight because I dont want to hear DJI blame me that I didnt tighten enough if the propellers come flying off midflight. I really didnt over tighten them and looser and I would feel there too loose. I have the extra set it came with. I just will never take them off now

I dont buy that at all. It even comes with a wrench. Not a torc wrench. I make sure there tight because I dont want to hear DJI blame me that I didnt tighten enough if the propellers come flying off midflight. I really didnt over tighten them and looser and I would feel there too loose. I have the extra set it came with. I just will never take them off now

The wrench is not to put them on only to remove if your having issues.. I do think this is in thr manaul as well.. Believe what you want though, not here educate those that don't want it.

You spin them on until they stop spinning. Then hold the motor and spin the prop very slightly to tighten. They are self tightening so no need to tighten them super tight.

Since you stripped a hub, looks like you are cranking on them super hard.

Reactions: Oso
props.jpg

I know there is a warning as well about only using the wrench to remove the props, cant find it right now. On my mobile device.

Reactions: DrChris
You're over-tightening the props. I fly every day (had a little bad weather this week, but usually great here) and I have 70-80 flights on my P3P, with the original props.
Snug is all you need .... NOT tight!

Reactions: blade strike
I know the wrench is not for tightening. I also know hand tight. I'm trying to tell you guys I tighten them just as much as your probably doing. There is spinning them and ever so slightly tighten them by holding the motor. 3/4 propellers are still tight and not stripped. Which doesnt make sense for 1 propeller to stripe. When you guys finally see this happen to your props you will understand.

The reason I brought up the wrench is to explain that DJI provided you with a wrench which mean the props could be too tight for loosening with just your hands. I dont understand how I'm tightening them too tight. You twist on the props and you clearly can tell they arent tight enough so you grab the motor and then give that little extra twist. Just like everybody else is doing. Im not being a hulk to my propellers like you guys are making it out to be. They are plastic and Im aware of that. I also tightened the other 3 propellers with the same amount of torc and they are not stripped. Which leads me to believe untightening and tightening over and over again will eventually stripped the others and its a shame. The plastic is just shredding off from the threading. Metal would not do this. But, I am also aware that we cant use metal threading because of the advance braking system. Which lets me know that I will have to buy new propellers about every 40 flights or not take off the propellers at all. Kinda sucks when you order a backpack that was designed for taking off the propellers.

Yeap 40+ flights here and I always put it in a back pack to travel and I always put them on and off. Only hand tighten til they are snug. No issues here! Spare set still brand new in the case lol

Reactions: blade strike
Let me take all of your advice by not tightening them and watch the same people tell me my P3 fell out of the sky because I didnt tighten the props enough.

The reason I brought up the wrench is to explain that DJI provided you with a wrench which mean the props could be too tight for loosening with just your hands. I dont understand how I'm tightening them too tight. You twist on the props and you clearly can tell they arent tight enough so you grab the motor and then give that little extra twist. Just like everybody else is doing. Im not being a hulk to my propellers like you guys are making it out to be. They are plastic and Im aware of that. I also tightened the other 3 propellers with the same amount of torc and they are not stripped. Which leads me to believe untightening and tightening over and over again will eventually stripped the others and its a shame. The plastic is just shredding off from the threading. Metal would not do this. But, I am also aware that we cant use metal threading because of the advance braking system. Which lets me know that I will have to buy new propellers about every 40 flights or not take off the propellers at all. Kinda sucks when you order a backpack that was designed for taking off the propellers.

Like I have explained I have been using that pack and the same 4 props a month before the p3 was released.

Maybe one just failed. 4 more are included and they're only $6 a pair.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just throwing this out there. Why can't you just use a wrap of teflon tape on the looser prop? Why not use the tape and metal hubs for all that matters?

Like I have explained I have been using that pack and the same 4 props a month before the p3 was released.

I understand. I'm not taking about selling my P3 because a prop hub stripped. I said I'm just disappointed in the extra maintence this P3 is requiring. Between $150 batteries every time you need a new one to now buy new props every other month. Its disappointing

Do you mind posting a video showing how you tighten yours.

@200 that's two hundred, flights per battery... It doesn't seem too bad.
I can think of plenty that costs way more, for much less fun.
Besides, take a picture, it will last longer. Hahaha
Perhaps some of these moderately extreme hobbies are more pricey to fully appreciate.
Um, one set of regular rotor blades for my TRex700 costs over $100.00.
How many extra sets did Align throw in, with the kit?
Just one set, no extras... Don't crack em, on me...

Now Guess, how many batteries and charger Align included?
How long will it take You, to fly 200 flights?
I figure four extra intelligent batteries, with the one which came supplied, will keep me flying and charging a good long while. Nothing to desire, but plenty of warm dry days... ;-)

RedHotPoker

90+ flights. Stock props. Take them on snd off probably 150 times. Still work great.

Crying over 6$ props. And so what a battery is 150$ that's actually relatively cheap for a 4s battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic