P3 Pro: zebra in video return, with Litchi on an Android smartphone

Reaction score
Hello,

After 2 years of use without problem, I can no longer operate my Phantom 3 Pro:
- I have a Samsung Androïd S6 Edge Plus smartphone which gave me so far full satisfaction with Litchi;
- now I have pixelations (that I call "zebra", in the form of bars of pixels of different colors) in return video on the smartphone, THEN the images recorded on the SDCARD are perfect!

I shipped the P3 Pro to a workshop that updated the firmware and they answered this:
- the phenomenon of pixelations does not occur on an Apple smartphone, there would seem a problem of support DJI on Androïd (!)
- the P3 Pro is going to be returned to me ... without probably that the problem has been settled for my Samsung!
- I had not tried DJI Go to see if same problem, I will do it when the P3 Pro will be back;
I will also try to upgrade to the latest Litchi version (3.10.10 of 24/05/2017).

Versions on which the problem was encountered:
- Androïd 6.0.1 on smartphone Samsung S6 Edge Plus
- P3 Pro: firmware 1.10.0090
- Litchi: 3.10.7 of 10/04/2017

Do you have an idea ?
Thank you.

Do you call it zebra because it's black and white stripes? If so, it's over-exposure warning, set in camera settings.
No, these are not overexposure warnings (which are alternate diagonal strips of white and black), they are horizontal rectangles of green pixels or another color.

I had some colored bars on a few flights over the weekend. This was following a personal best distance record on Sunday from a different location. I attributed it to possibly the CME and resulting geomagnetic storm that occurred. I'll do a few flights tomorrow to see if I am still getting it.
I am using a Galaxy J7 Android phone.

In order to make better understand my observations about these "pixelations": I put on line a short video showing what appears on my smartphone, when the P3P is on the ground and started.
These pixelations : whether it's DJI GO or Litchi.

This afternoon one lends me a smartphone under iOS (Apple), I will be able to verify if the same phenomenon occurs or not!

I just tried it with an iPhone 5 SE: EVERYTHING GOOD, there is no pixelation in the video feedback, with the iOS version of the DJI GO application!
So my P3 Pro works perfectly!
Here's an image.

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana Scott
I had some colored bars on a few flights over the weekend. This was following a personal best distance record on Sunday from a different location. I attributed it to possibly the CME and resulting geomagnetic storm that occurred. I'll do a few flights tomorrow to see if I am still getting it.
I am using a Galaxy J7 Android phone.
The CME may have had some impact on HF communications, haven't heard any reports af cellular, wifi or other microwave services being effected.

I have the same problem with my Samsung Tab S2 tablet.
Il seems that it's the AndroId version of DJI GO that would be involved, I shared my experience with DJI Support Europe, which says transmitting to developers.
Does anyone have a Samsung smartphone under AndroId with which the latest version of DJI GO works (DJI GO drones before the Phantom 4) ?

Last edited:
I have the same problem with my Samsung Tab S2 tablet.
Il seems that it's the AndroId version of DJI GO that would be involved, I shared my experience with DJI Support Europe, which says transmitting to developers.
Does anyone have a Samsung smartphone under AndroId with which the latest version of DJI GO works for (DJI GO drones before the Phantom 4) ?
I have a Galaxy J7 and it works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers