P3 Pro Sudden Crash

@Brianj4242 .....It looks like at ~7.9 seconds the aircraft experienced a compass error and switched to ATTI mode. You may have over compensated for the switch over by applying, full down throttle and back elevator. As mentioned by @sar104 above it appears to be a compass discrepancy.

Capture.PNG

@Brianj4242 ....And yes, it can be seen that you did calibrate prior to flight.

Cal.PNG

Cheers for this. I did calibrate prior to flight and once it started to drift the only actions I did because it was coming down right was to stick up and left but got no response whatsoever. Could this at all have anything to do with it having 2 brand new motors fitted prior to first flight. I find it hard to believe there can't be an association as I have had 3 years with this drone with Zero issues and zero crashes, probably over 200 flights, and yet first flight out after repair it goes uncontrolable postal on me.....

Could this at all have anything to do with it having 2 brand new motors fitted prior to first flight.
Not likely. The motors looked fine per the data. I suspect this was more related to your takeoff point as sar104 mentioned in his post previously. There was a magnetic deviation at the takeoff point such as Re-Bar under concrete, close proximity to a large metallic object etc..and so forth.

Then I am somewhat flummoxed as they say, I have taken off from this point a hundred times with no issue so it must have been the re calibration as I have never calibrated it since I got it years ago....

Cheers for this. I did calibrate prior to flight and once it started to drift the only actions I did because it was coming down right was to stick up and left but got no response whatsoever. Could this at all have anything to do with it having 2 brand new motors fitted prior to first flight. I find it hard to believe there can't be an association as I have had 3 years with this drone with Zero issues and zero crashes, probably over 200 flights, and yet first flight out after repair it goes uncontrolable postal on me.....

Your recollection is not quite correct. After it started to drift slightly, at 8.5 seconds you applied full down throttle, which is why it started to descend, and at 9 seconds you applied full back elevator, which caused it to pitch up and accelerate backwards. It was facing northwest so it moved southeast. That was the action that caused it to crash.

Reactions: Fly Dawg
Then I am somewhat flummoxed as they say, I have taken off from this point a hundred times with no issue so it must have been the re calibration as I have never calibrated it since I got it years ago....

It was not the calibration - the data clearly show that the magnetic field changed direction as the aircraft took off. Magnetic interference can be very local - just a few inches if it is rebar in the ground, for example.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik