P3 Pro Power Loss

Reaction score
I went to take off today after not flying for about a month and got about 15 feet up and lost power and dropped. landed on one corner, broke a prop, bent the arm just a hair, and put a mark on the motor. The battery popped off. I put it back in and took off and hovered at about a foot and it did it again. Tried 2 other batteries and didn't lose power but both showed critical voltage when they showed 50+ % and auto landed. I charged all of the batteries and everything seems OK now. Has anyone seen anything like this? And is there anything in the logs that I can show DJI to get them to repair it under warranty?

The app showed all green, ready to fly.

Thanks

I went to take off today after not flying for about a month and got about 15 feet up and lost power and dropped. landed on one corner, broke a prop, bent the arm just a hair, and put a mark on the motor. The battery popped off. I put it back in and took off and hovered at about a foot and it did it again. Tried 2 other batteries and didn't lose power but both showed critical voltage when they showed 50+ % and auto landed. I charged all of the batteries and everything seems OK now. Has anyone seen anything like this? And is there anything in the logs that I can show DJI to get them to repair it under warranty?

Thanks
How many times have you used each battery?? You might want to try to deep cycle the batteries to 8 % with the props off and then recharge them to recalibrate the Smart Battery circuits.

How many times have you used each battery?? You might want to try to deep cycle the batteries to 8 % with the props off and then recharge them to recalibrate the Smart Battery circuits.
Bob, when you deep cycle the batteries with the props off, is that at idle or something more? Thanks

I'd have to double check but they're probably each been used around 5 times. It does seem like an issue with the smart part of the batteries, the actual charge wasn't matching what the software said?

But they seem to be OK now after recharging..

I'd have to double check but they're probably each been used around 5 times. It does seem like an issue with the smart part of the batteries, the actual charge wasn't matching what the software said?

Thanks
Similar situation happened with me today. 15 seconds into flight, total loss of power, fell like a rock 183 feet, battery was not ejected but was off. Gimbal, camera, landing gear 2 props and prop guard trashed. Battery fully charged, showed 98 % when started up. Checked it later, still showed 97% all cells normal

Had similar problem today. 15 seconds into flight it dropped like a rock 183 feet. P3 seems ok except camera, gimbal and landing gear is trashed. Battery was securely inserted but had turned off. Battery was at 95 % on take off. Checked it later still over 90 % all cells normal. ACK mentioned CSV files can someone tell me how to check that. I am concerned about replacing expensive parts without an explanation. Thanks.

Had similar problem today. 15 seconds into flight it dropped like a rock 183 feet. P3 seems ok except camera, gimbal and landing gear is trashed. Battery was securely inserted but had turned off. Battery was at 95 % on take off. Checked it later still over 90 % all cells normal. ACK mentioned CSV files can someone tell me how to check that. I am concerned about replacing expensive parts without an explanation. Thanks.

Sorry for your loss, but I think you're best off getting a new one than replacing all those parts.

I got an RMA and sent it in. They never asked for any files or anything, repaired and sent back. not sure if they could tell anything from the unit itself or they just took care of it..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik