P3 Pro iPad Air2 - no map data

Reaction score
I have a P3 Pro, used with iPad Air2, running latest firmware, map cache turned on, WIFI on, but no map data present in DJI GO app.
However, when I run DJI GO app on iPhone 7+, map data shows up. How do I get map data to show up when running iPad?

Create a personal hotspot on the phone, link to iPad with wifi. Presto.
Creating a hot spot on iPhone and linking iPad to phone didn't work. App on both devices is Version 3.1.13. However, there are differences. Here's a menu comparison of 2 devices: Main Controller Setting - same. Remote Controller Settings - same. iPad has HD - Image Transmission Settings but iPhone has Wi-Fi Settings. Aircraft Battery menu - same. Gimbal Settings - same. About menu - same.
If same level of software on both devices, why the differences in menu options? I'm not sure this makes a difference, but I'm still looking for a way to have maps available on my iPad.

Reactions: Snakedoctor71
I had the very same issue with my new iPad 4 mini recently. I ended up removing the DJI Go app and reinstalling it. Now working fine.

I had the very same issue with my new iPad 4 mini recently. I ended up removing the DJI Go app and reinstalling it. Now working fine.
That did it. Took care of my problem. Now I've got maps. Still have slightly different menu options (noted above) on the iPad Air 2 vs the iPhone 7+, but I can live with that. Thank you.

I've had the same problem, on I pad air and iPhone SE.deleted DJI go app on both, then reinstalled. Still got same problem. So I connected to wifi to get map, turned off wifi, maps stayed on on phone but not on iPad I've had this problem for weeks. Totally Pissed off [emoji35], as I'd rather fly using Pad than phone. Lots of people are having the same problem.

Reactions: SWarren
There is obviously a problem with the app. The only way I've found to resolve it is to delete the DJI Go app and reinstall it. Poor way to solve a recurring issue, but you do what you gotta do if you want to keep flying.

Still dealing with this issue on my P3S and mini 4. Lost my desire to fly lately because of it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94