P3 pro gimbal

Reaction score
Crashed p3 pro replaced ribbon cable now i have video back but get gimbal error .both lower gimbal motors get hot after a couple minutes.no gimbal control the gimbal moves freely when powered off .moves randomly when turned on .tried calibrating gimbal .several times and its close to centered but still get gimbal error and no gimbal control .any ideas

Crashed p3 pro replaced ribbon cable now i have video back but get gimbal error .both lower gimbal motors get hot after a couple minutes.no gimbal control the gimbal moves freely when powered off .moves randomly when turned on .tried calibrating gimbal .several times and its close to centered but still get gimbal error and no gimbal control .any ideas

Well, your line about having gimbal motors hot and non working tells me you need to focus on those non working motors. Sounds like they have issues. Cable is to transmit information but motors do their job according information they have received.

When you changed that ribbon cable you most probably opened every cover of the gimbal where motors are located right? Have you checked your gimbal motors (de-attached from gimbal)? I mean have you tested them with hand - do they move smoothly, is there everything OK with gimbal boards, motor cables, etc.?
If you had an impact there can be physical damage what causes movement error. I have opened some gimbal motors and the amount of dust / sand I have seen inside gives me many answers right away. As soon as something is disturbing motor work (incorrect angle, physical damage, dust) motor does tries to survive and do it's job. This can cause overheating, non adequate movement.

Tried moving all motors by hand and everything seems free. The motor on the main board does not get hot but the other 2 get hot after about 2 minutes .have video feed but no control or movment of the gimbal from the remote.when i first turn on the p3p the gimbal dances then settles down .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.