P3 Pro Firmware v1.1.8 RC Problem. Can someone help please?

Reaction score
When I did the new v1.1.8 firmware update, I did the phantom 3 unit first and the text did read success, but when I did the same update with the remote and put the SD 64GB micro card in my computer, I have no text at all. The RC made all the proper beeps and had the blue light on the RC so it seems to of did the firmware properly going by that alone. Has anyone else come across this problem? Is it safe to fly without the RC text?
Thanks for your time,
Tommy

Same here, no files on the controller after update. P3Advanced. I used a thumb drive and the .bin was the only file on the root directory. Blue light showed on the controller as expected. Would connect to the bird with a green dot.

After the update to 1.1.8 I am having an issue getting my Pilot app to connect on my Galaxy S5 though. May or may not be related.

Hey guys I flew it today under the previous firmware (1.6). Should i update for my flight tomorrow? Or wait as 1.8 might be instable?

In the Pilot App, if you click on About under the General Settings while connected to your controller / phantom, it will tell you the firmware number. It only reports one number (not one for the controller and one for the phantom separately). I'm not sure what that means, but I'm assuming that the two will only connect if they are of the same firmware.

My phantom came already at 1.1.8 (I found this out from the text file when trying to update) but the controller wouldn't connect with the phantom until I updated it as well. Like the OP mentioned, I didn't get a new txt file from the controller indicating success, but the sounds and lights were all correct on the controller update and after that update it connected to the phantom and everything has been working well.

Hope that helps!
Chris

In the Pilot App, if you click on About under the General Settings while connected to your controller / phantom, it will tell you the firmware number. It only reports one number (not one for the controller and one for the phantom separately). I'm not sure what that means, but I'm assuming that the two will only connect if they are of the same firmware.

My phantom came already at 1.1.8 (I found this out from the text file when trying to update) but the controller wouldn't connect with the phantom until I updated it as well. Like the OP mentioned, I didn't get a new txt file from the controller indicating success, but the sounds and lights were all correct on the controller update and after that update it connected to the phantom and everything has been working well.

Hope that helps!
Chris
If your controller came with .8 then the quad should also be the same, the controller just needed to be relinked to the bird is all. They are supposed to be linked from the factory.

The text I get with my bird says" upgrading". Does not say "success". I do get the completed beeps.

Says firmware up to date in pilot app.

Last edited:
Hey guys I flew it today under the previous firmware (1.6). Should i update for my flight tomorrow? Or wait as 1.8 might be instable?

The documentation from DJI insinuates that you need the 1.1.8 update. They seem to feel if you don't install that version, you'll have trouble installing the next version. I'm not the world's most experienced when it comes to firmware updates for anything. But perhaps DJI has designed this stuff so the firmware updates *must* be installed in sequence?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic