P3 Pro Atti Mode

Gregg,

I can't speak for the P3, but on the P2, the Atti. mode has 2 real advantages. Firstly, it uses no GPS, so when flying indoors, such as in a Gym, with no GPS reception, keeping it in GPS mode could cause the Phantom to drift more than in Atti. mode where you have all control. Secondly, in Atti. mode, the Phantom will fly about 10-15 mph faster.

I rarely use atti, but when i'm in the park flying, I will switch to it for a few minutes to remind myself how to fly with it incase I am ever in a situation where its needed.
Sadly I flew last night and made several runs back and forth with ATTI enabled and GPS enabled and didn't see any difference in speed at all. Maybe in the older Phantoms they did see a speed difference, but in my case, nothing. Downwind I averaged about 40mph and upwind I was around 20-25mph.

Gregg, thx for that info & video. Good stuff.

Sadly I flew last night and made several runs back and forth with ATTI enabled and GPS enabled and didn't see any difference in speed at all. Maybe in the older Phantoms they did see a speed difference, but in my case, nothing. Downwind I averaged about 40mph and upwind I was around 20-25mph.

Yes, I concur, there is no speed advantage in ATTI mode. You also don't get longer flight times either. It's a good way of getting a live reading on wind speed and direction though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues