P3 GPS Live Tracker App

Reaction score
Now that we know the P3 has the ability to transmit out to something other then the TX, as in youTube and few others, it should be capable of transmitting some kind of signal as long as it's not 100% exhausted battery. There was no mention of this yet so I'm guessing we will be left with relying on the infamous outside developers to create a app for such feature.

After watching a youTube video the other day of a fly-away Inspie1 and the fact that the P3 and Inspire1 will share at least parts of their software, you can't pass up on the thought of this needing to be a very important subject.

So this has to do with being able have this feature without having to invest in additional hardware to gain the security. Each time I buy a new bird a GPS Tracker is the very 1st most important part that I put my attention into. In over the past year I lost two Phantom models to fly-aways and neither of them had tracking capabilities beyond the "Find My Phantom" feature. As most of us know that feature has its limits.

Has anyone put any thought into tracking your P3 yet?

I have the Flytrex Live 3G which I will without a doubt install 1st thing until a possible app is created.

The transmission only works when within range of the Tx. So if the bird flies away, it has to stay in range or youre screwed. Flytrex is the route I'll be going on this one regardless of a 3rd party tracking app.

I'm hoping that the P3 will be using the same type of port on the main board the CAN-BUS to P2V+ Flytrex adaptor uses.

I'm hoping that the P3 will be using the same type of port on the main board the CAN-BUS to P2V+ Flytrex adaptor uses.
P3 is using a derivative of the A2 flight controller, so it's highly doubtful the P2V+ adapter is going to work.

The transmission only works when within range of the Tx. So if the bird flies away, it has to stay in range or youre screwed. Flytrex is the route I'll be going on this one regardless of a 3rd party tracking app.

What's to say it can't be programmed to function without tx range. Like if it lost signal after 5sec begin transmitting its coordinates, and continue to do so as long as power is available?

What's to say it can't be programmed to function without tx range. Like if it lost signal after 5sec begin transmitting its coordinates, and continue to do so as long as power is available?

Transmit to who or what? I Don't understand how that would work. Flytrex Live 3G works after Tx/Rx connection lost because FL3G continues to transmit over cellular to Flytrex server. I don't think P3 or I1 are doing this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic