P3: Flying near strong WIFI interference

Reaction score
Doing so and seemingly randomly (sometimes it works perfectly even near many office buildings); but sometimes not - the downlink becomes garbled, disappears, or parts of it are seen as in broken encoding in a DivX file. Have you experienced it? Any ideas on improving such sitautions?

It's a problem here in the urban sprawl. The only thing you can do is get away from it. I can get about 1600-2000ft in my neighborhood before the downlink starts to get choppy.

It's a problem here in the urban sprawl. The only thing you can do is get away from it. I can get about 1600-2000ft in my neighborhood before the downlink starts to get choppy.

I get no more than about 1200 feet before the same thing happens in my neighborhood. Wifi is everywhere there are businesses and homes.

Doing so and seemingly randomly (sometimes it works perfectly even near many office buildings); but sometimes not - the downlink becomes garbled, disappears, or parts of it are seen as in broken encoding in a DivX file. Have you experienced it? Any ideas on improving such sitautions?
Mod controller and use WiFi amps to boost power. Problem solved. Modding the controller to use external antennas is not a simple process tho but you can have others do it for you.

I think it's the WIFI that's everywhere, especially some more powerful transmitters mounted in office buildings... Makes me think that for some applications; the older phantom with video downlink to a monitor is better - less delay; and bad signal does not result in decomposition of the image, but only more noise in the video; while you can still control in real time.

I think it's the WIFI that's everywhere, especially some more powerful transmitters mounted in office buildings... Makes me think that for some applications; the older phantom with video downlink to a monitor is better - less delay; and bad signal does not result in decomposition of the image, but only more noise in the video; while you can still control in real time.

The Phantom 2 (non Vision) still used a 2.4ghz RC signal so even if you could still see an analog FPV signal your control signal could still be affected. You could actually add a 5.8ghz FPV connection to a Phantom 3 if you wanted to. It's being done to the inspire. Only downside is a little added weight by the 5.8ghz video transmitter, camera and battery to power it all. That and you'll need a second monitor and or goggles to see that transmission.

Lightbridge requires a lot of bandwidth. Macro blocking is not uncommon in a urban landscape. You should first verify your setup is good. Take it to someplace where there is no WiFi noise and make sure the tablet is set up properly. Then when you're back in town and you see break ups, you'll know its interference and not some other issue.

Reactions: Sammynels
I have only ever been able to get about 3000' shooting out of my house-dense neighborhood. Once I got away from all the wifi routers and headed to the beach I was getting around 2 miles! It makes a lot of difference.

Reactions: Mati
Why did they disable the custom video transmission setting? It was the difference between not being able to work and being able to sometimes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20