P3 Battery Charger Voltage

Reaction score
I am considering a P-Squared Phantom 2/3 Quadcharger GO ( P-Squared Phantom 2/3 Quadcharger GO ) which is priced at ~ $80.

There is also a P-Squared Phantom 3 Quadcharger Pro Package that includes a 27V 20A Power Supply ( P-Squared Phantom 3 Quadcharger Pro Package ) which is priced at $369. So the Power Supply cost is $289.

While not impossible, it is difficult to find and costly to purchase a 27V 20A Power Supply, however 24V 20A Power Supplies can be obtained at reasonable costs and are readily available.

The OEM Phantom 3 Chargers have an output voltage of 17.5V at either 57W or 100W (A versus P).

A fully charged P3 Battery Voltage is 17.4V, and the "charge controller" is contained within the Battery.

My thoughts are to purchase the Quadcharger GO without the Power Supply, and obtain a 24V 20A Power Supply for the voltage source.

My question is: Is a 24V (as opposed to the 26.3V or 27V) source adequate to fully charge the P3 Batteries?

Any input/comments appreciated.

RodeoGeorge

NOTE: The TP-1527PS Power Supply (27V 20A) can be obtained for $150 as opposed to the $289 listed above in the Combo Deal.

Last edited:
The P-Squared Phantom 3 Quadcharger Pro Package has slots for usb output as well. I would think 24 volts would be okay to use but just make sure whatever power supply you get has the correct polarity. FYI my Phantom 3 Pro charger has an output of 17.5v at 5.7amps, if it was 26.3v at 100w then that would mean it is only using 3.8 amps to charge or if you had the advance it would be really low at 2.2 amps. It seems like the best way to charge 4 batteries quickly and the cheapest would be to buy 3 more DJI chargers.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    932.2 KB · Views: 480
Thanks Sinisalo for that info and correction. I'll edit the original post to reflect that.

I do not remember where I came up with the 26.3V figure. I've had a lot of voltages swimming around in my head lately.

Reactions: Sinisalo
If you want to spend that kind of money on a battery charger, then get the SmartPowercharge charging station instead. It can charge 4 batteries and two USB devices at the same time. It also discharges the batteries.

If you're looking to spend less, a lot of people are using the "blue" battery charger. It can charge 3 batteries and the remote controller at the same time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl