P3 Batteries (Auto discharge, Manual discharge and Charging)

Reaction score
Wow.. Just reading the battery instructions and surprised:
(1) They recommend not charging the battery and controller at the same time. This seems counter-intuititive given the two connectors and the higher output charger.
(2) The batteries will auto discharge to below 65% if not used for 10 days. This is to prevent swelling. However it still recommends manually discharging to 30-50% if not being used for 7 days or more. So what are we meant to do? How many people manually discharge their batteries?

I have a car light bulb I plug into the battery socket and drain it until goes down to 1 bar if I am not using it.

I don't know if the remote will auto discharge. (probably not).

The thing is that the TX battery will last for weeks as where the quad battery would need charging more frequently... so having both connected at same time, probally isn't some thing that I wouldn't need or require

It just makes good sense to have a multi function charge lead.. that does both

Discharging to one bar is probably too low, you should have 2 bars on steady more or less.
Keeping them too low for long is also potentially damaging.

I thought the recomenadation from factory was 5% or something (well at least on P2V+) not having enough batteries at present and spare time between flights my 1 battery is being charged as soon as i get home.

That's only to recondition them after 20 charges or something - helps them calibrate what's 'empty' and what's 'full'
For storage more than a week or so (less if picky) they should be around 50%.
Note the app allows you to choose your preferred discharge delay within a few days.

ok, I had not noticed the app giving the option. thanks for heads up on that.

so what if I've got my battery to discharge at 10 days and switch it on to check at 8 days will it reset the discharge back to 10 days again from that point?

ok just found the answer, checking the battery resets the timer

Last edited:
so what if I've got my battery to discharge at 10 days and switch it on to check at 8 days will it reset the discharge back to 10 days again from that point?

ok just found the answer, checking the battery resets the timer
Yes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers