P3 altitude record 980m

Reaction score
go up to 500m and at least like 50m away and activate rth, then hold pitch back or just fight rth from getting to 20m from home point and keep climbing. For some reason when it is in rth the altitude limit is ignored, but you must fight rth cuz once it gets to within 20m it will descend...

Last edited:
I had a little signal issue too after 10,000ft ..

Attachments

• P3Still.jpg
    P3Still.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 673
You could of got away with it if you hadn't done your second post.

I do think we have done our dash this week :)

I hope the flight log is incorrect...5 flights and you try to hit 3,280 feet?

Hey I paid and bought my phantom 3 from dji and they are not my mommy and they have no business whats so ever to allow or not allow me to do any dam thing i please if should chose to do some thing. Esp if its in any area were its legal and even if its not its NOT FOR THEM TO FREAKING decide. Being it has no bearing or consequence to them what any one does with there own property and there own choice and free will. esp if they are already letting them go to 500m which is already higher then the height of maximum free fall velocity Its not physically possible to hit any thing any harder or cause any more damage to any thing if one were to drop out of the sky at 1000m then it would at 400m or 500m high anyway.

Tho not that I have much desire to even go 500m up It really pisses me off that dji trys to be any ones nanny or big bother. esp when even the gobermint dont even try to be that much of a nanny yet even. and it makes me really ? if I ever want to give dji any more money on the next products if they are going to keep up with trying to be more and more of a big brother and peoples nanny.

Tho I do like that they put some thing in the software that can allow a user to set a max threshold in case the user does not want it to be able to go higher then what they have set it to. But thats were It should end and leave it at. I dont mind them giving some one a tool to help some one stay within a certain margin thats cool. But the nanny crap has to end. esp if they are going to be selling them in places were there are not only any restrictions but also no danger if going as high or far as some one wants.

Just curious but those who have already received their P3's, how high can you set the RTH hight? Can you set it higher than 500m?

It works guaranteed. Now that everyone knows, someone please post some 4k video from a p3 or inspire from above the clouds. That was my goal, but I guess the clouds were at like a mile high...

OMG.
So you only view things from your perspective, and forget laws, safety, the future of the hobby, etc.
Come on man, DJI isn't trying to be the nanny. They are doing what is necessary to preserve the hobby. They can't financially support programing each unit to match laws for the area it's flown in based on the GPS.
If DJI had the same attitude as you do. The hobby would already be dead, and you wouldn't even have a unit to fly. Did you even consider that.

With the fear mongering, really?

Laws... none yet. The point is moot.

Safety... can certainly be a concern, but where is the empirical data?

Future of the hobby... like everything else, more linked to the morons voted into office and the fear mongering blasted by main stream media than actual verified stupidity of a few users. By the way, the hobby has been around a lot longer than DJI. Did you even consider that?

And how do you know what DJI's attitude is? Did you query the board of directors? (Hint: it's probably not the hobby...)

If it weren't for people pushing the limits, we wouldn't have the things we have today. And the federal gov't knows we as a country are far behind the curve technologically (assuming U.S. as the OP is in NY). I personally don't have a need to reach those heights, but I'm not in a position to tell other people what they can/can't do... you know free society and all.

Reactions: kookjo and isopro
agree with the post above. I exceed the speed limit all the time. I know the risks involved and I pay the price if caught. Anyone here that doesn't exceed the speed limit....ever....can cast the first stone.....

Reactions: claws
I just looked at the log, that pic was from 6:41, log says 850m, I guess I will look at the 933m point from the log and take a screen grab from there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav