P3 A or P vs $1120 P4

Status
Not open for further replies.
i returned mine...waiting for the p5 and holding on to my p3

the range issues did it in for me.......however, i will certainly miss the build quality

i returned mine...waiting for the p5 and holding on to my p3

the range issues did it in for me.......however, i will certainly miss the build quality
How can you wait that long??

I have a problem I think. The P4 is already older to me and I'm waiting on my Typhoon H and the P3 seems like a relic.

I know these are not normal thoughts.

For a 120 difference between the P3 and the P4, get the P4. I have both and don't care either way but the P4 is a better made machine in several ways. On mine, I am getting the exact same range as I get with my P3 and the battery is getting on average about 20 mins if I bring it back on time. My battery tests have seemed to have stalled out at about 25mins (in windy conditions).

$800 vs $1400 is more than a $120 difference, rather it's a $600 difference...

P3P vs P4.

If we're comparing current retail (not employee discount) prices of each.

$800 vs $1400 is more than a $120 difference, rather it's a $600 difference...

P3P vs P4.

If we're comparing current retail (not employee discount) prices of each.
Where do you find P3P retail at $800? I thought that was ebay price. Retail of P3P is still $1000.

Where do you find P3P retail at $800? I thought that was ebay price. Retail of P3P is still $1000.

It's from an authorized DJI re-seller. It's $780 new. Free shipping. Ships from NJ. Seller has a great rating. They pretty much selling them a little above what they're buying them from DJI at. Link

Amazon has it at $830, but not from an "authorized reseller", though it is "fulfilled by Amazon".
However, expect that to change as the DJI-dictated MAP drops and dealers are able to sell at a lower advertised price.

Either way, point is, a P4 costs the same as a P3P and a P3 Standard together.
Or a P3P, 4 total batteries, and a case/backpack.

And to be clear, I'm not bashing the P4 at all, I think it's a wonderful piece of kit and things like collision avoidance and dual IMU/compass have been a long time coming.

That said, unless you *need* the extra automation/auto-pilot features, it would seem the P3P is a better *value* overall.
Plus, if/when you crash it, you're only out $800 (or less as time goes on) compared to $1,400.

How can you wait that long??

I have a problem I think. The P4 is already older to me and I'm waiting on my Typhoon H and the P3 seems like a relic.

I know these are not normal thoughts.

I can wait that long cuz my P3P gets 2x the distance than the p4

I just bought one from eBay for $680 with offer your price

There are dozens of threads comparing the P3 and P4. We don't need another. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.