P3 4k back from dji service

Reaction score
Hello all,

After a shell crack i sent back my 4k to dji after a long waiting time 15 days it is back !!!!! And i noticed something : they changed something on the camera/gimball !!

First gimball make more noise i have to study this during the next weeks. But more important they changes the wifi module fan you can see on the top of the gimball.

I will take picture when i'm back home bit before it was like a ligth brown/yellow fan in plastic but nowit is a black with metal plate on it .

Is their a new rev of the gimball of the 4k ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Here is a pic

b0f754272de3113117632d96842572a9.jpg

It is the same bird as the stickers were the same with exact same scratch [emoji16]. I think they just changed the gimball or fan + the shell

As quoted to me after DJI third attempt to repair my unit:

"As stated on the after sales policy, in some cases that the unit cannot be repaired, please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired.

These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in functions and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers."

Basically you can receive back a hobbled together unit with barely functional parts as your repaired unit.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I've had my own issues with DJI repair...but, in all truth, they treated me as well as could be expected. First: sent in a P3P that my son had crashed hard...
they sent me another one (refurbished I guess-but looked new) for $180....Problem was, they forgot to send back my controller. I purchased another
controller so I could fly, then after almost a month, they shipped my controller-so I have an extra. Second: sent in a P3 4K that had 2 severe crashes
(one on pavement) and they sent me a new (refurbished I guess) one for $200. You wreck, it cost money-and I'll take a refurbished or replacement that
flies ....it's just a plastic quadcopter. I did have to put new FAA and "Reward if found" stickers...but that was fine with me.

So far my experience with the DJI repair experience:

April 2016: Sell my P2, Buy new P3A. First flight with P3A ends almost in disaster as unit goes into compass error with medium winds. Had I not had 100+ flights in the P2, the P3A would be toast.

July 2016: After many attempts to calibrate any system I could -nothing could prevent compass errors, I returned the unit to DJI warranty repair.

Aug 2016: I receive back a P3A, it flies beautifully, stable in direction, steady in wind. Flys as good as my P2 which I flew the piss out of. The camera though is defective. Looking at the flight log, the unit I received is not mine and this unit was flying in Florida under the name of Gator.

Sept 2016: I send Gator back for repair, after weeks of emails with DJI admitting they lost my new unit.

Oct 2016: DJI sends back another P3A. This time the unit sits in customs for 2 weeks because DJI sent the shipment back to me without paperwork!

Mid Oct 2016: The unit I've received back has flown in Hong Kong. Now its mine. The compass is hard to calibrate, and when I can calibrate it flies ok, but in a bit of wind compass errors arise again.

Late Oct 2016: DJI wants this one back for repair. I tell them BITE ME. So, I'll fly this one the best I can, mostly in Atti mode. My next UAV will not be a DJI. DJI, you can take your Chinese business philosophy and cram it up your orifice. I'm tired of dealing with you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers