P2V+ WiFi Video NAND Issue Explained

Reaction score
The explanation of why the Video WiFi NAND chip fails on a P2V+ when the AC has not been in use for an extended time is as follows.
NAND flash memory is a type of non-volatile storage technology that does not require power to retain data. An important goal of NAND flash development has been to reduce the cost per bit and to increase maximum chip capacity so that flash memory can compete with magnetic storage devices, such as hard disks. When power is disconnected from the NAND chip flash memory, a metal-oxide semiconductor will provide an extra charge to retain its memory. How long that charge lasts depends on many factors. So to sum it all up if you do not use your P2V+ for an extended time the flash memory will be lost. All you need to do for a functional P2V+ is to fire it up once in a while. This will charge up the the metal-oxide semiconductor that holds the flash memory. I know that all is pretty technical but I wanted to know why MY P2V+ stopped sending video. Does anyone know if I can still get my WiFi module re-flashed and where?

The explanation of why the Video WiFi NAND chip fails on a P2V+ when the AC has not been in use for an extended time is as follows.
NAND flash memory is a type of non-volatile storage technology that does not require power to retain data. An important goal of NAND flash development has been to reduce the cost per bit and to increase maximum chip capacity so that flash memory can compete with magnetic storage devices, such as hard disks. When power is disconnected from the NAND chip flash memory, a metal-oxide semiconductor will provide an extra charge to retain its memory. How long that charge lasts depends on many factors. So to sum it all up if you do not use your P2V+ for an extended time the flash memory will be lost. All you need to do for a functional P2V+ is to fire it up once in a while. This will charge up the the metal-oxide semiconductor that holds the flash memory. I know that all is pretty technical but I wanted to know why MY P2V+ stopped sending video. Does anyone know if I can still get my WiFi module re-flashed and where?
Yes you can get it reflashed. Get in contact with the guy in the attachment. You send him your Wi-Fi module and your range extender and he fixes it and send it back to you. It does cost around $80 but he warrants it for life. As long as you power it up once a month it will keep working.
image0.png

As I've had to flash mine a couple of times now, I wonder if there is a solution / work around where a simple CR2032 coin battery is added to the WiFi module power circuit with a diode to stop reverse charging, and this just provides a minimum amount of power to the circuit to stop the NAND chips from losing their charge

Was a simple thing we did with Williams arcade machines to retain the highscores so definitely worked in those scenarios

As I've had to flash mine a couple of times now, I wonder if there is a solution / work around where a simple CR2032 coin battery is added to the WiFi module power circuit with a diode to stop reverse charging, and this just provides a minimum amount of power to the circuit to stop the NAND chips from losing their charge

Was a simple thing we did with Williams arcade machines to retain the highscores so definitely worked in those scenarios
Did you have to flash because of non-use for a period of time? And how did you do it? My understanding is you need some special HW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav