P2V Flyaway

Reaction score
Soooooo frustrated. Home point was set. Compass was calibrated. All green lights (enough sats) flew around for a bit showing a buddy the Phantom. Brought it back to about 20ft away from us and went straight up. Maintaining video brought it to about 6-7 hundred feet. Video showed "control signal lost" "returning to home" .......gone. Completely gone. Tried "find my phantom" . Walked over the spot it said it was multiple times with no luck. I've even flown in the same place multiple times with no issues. This time it just decided to disappear on me.....

Truly sorry to hear this Twitch ! Sounds like it almost had went into RTH by going straight up . I had to use FMP once and found it stops at where you last had any contact with it . So if ya start where you where and go to the spot it shows it should be then make a line and travel that and maybe you will get lucky !
Could you not see which way it was going ?
Though this is no good to you now but I can't emphasize how important it is to have a tracker on these things !!!
I hope you the best in finding it and don't give up !!!

Truly sorry to hear this Twitch ! Sounds like it almost had went into RTH by going straight up . I had to use FMP once and found it stops at where you last had any contact with it . So if ya start where you where and go to the spot it shows it should be then make a line and travel that and maybe you will get lucky !
Could you not see which way it was going ?
Though this is no good to you now but I can't emphasize how important it is to have a tracker on these things !!!
I hope you the best in finding it and don't give up !!!

Thanks for the reply!! Unfortunately as soon as it started going up I lost sight of it. Where it shows it last was is in the middle of a field so if it was there I would see it right away. Been out 3 times today looking around the area and in the tall grass but no luck. I even brought my P3A out to video the tops of the trees at low altitude to see if it was hung up bear where the last gps hit was but still nothing. I'm not giving up yet I'll keep going back!!! Thinking I might get a tracker for the P3 though just incase

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for the reply!! Unfortunately as soon as it started going up I lost sight of it. Where it shows it last was is in the middle of a field so if it was there I would see it right away. Been out 3 times today looking around the area and in the tall grass but no luck. I even brought my P3A out to video the tops of the trees at low altitude to see if it was hung up bear where the last gps hit was but still nothing. I'm not giving up yet I'll keep going back!!! Thinking I might get a tracker for the P3 though just incase
Well that right there should show ya need one !! I looked for my first bird I lost the same way you are now but found out taking pictures like in a grid was better as I could zoom in and really look .Flew over it ever time I went up but was in a pond and never paid it any attention :rolleyes:
Good luck with the search bro !!:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic