P2V+ Connection Error

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

Hope you are all having a great weekend? Ok I am a owner of a hardly used P2V+ (v3) anyway I have had it for about 18 months but haven't flown it for probably 12 months plus due to living in central London at the time so it has been safely stored away in a case. Anyway I have now moved to a more rural location which would be great to fly in unfortunately my P2V+ isn't behaving the way it used to work. When I turn the wifi extender, remote and the quad on I cannot connect to the DJI Vision App. It is picking up the wifi and I can control the camera with the remote controller. Though there is no live view on the app. Also I can't control the camera from the app, it keeps saying there is no SD card installed I have tried multiple and still the same. I have rebind it, deleted the app, updated the firmware via assistant many times but it just isn't working the way it did. I have googled this and it would appear that there has been global issues among many other owners. Do you think this could be the problem with my one? Any advice assistance or guidance would be really gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark, it sounds like your Wi-Fi module bit the dust. I had to replace one myself. You can check it and find out. Also check and make sure that all the cables are plugged in the camera. The ones coming out of the belly of the phantom. There are 3. 2 are in the front and one is on the right side. Good luck.

How to diagnose broken DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi FPV module:
1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
3. ping 192.168.1.2
If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok).
4. ping 192.168.1.1
If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
5. ping 192.168.1.10
If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken

Hey Everybody,

Hope you are all having a great weekend? Ok I am a owner of a hardly used P2V+ (v3) anyway I have had it for about 18 months but haven't flown it for probably 12 months plus due to living in central London at the time so it has been safely stored away in a case. Anyway I have now moved to a more rural location which would be great to fly in unfortunately my P2V+ isn't behaving the way it used to work. When I turn the wifi extender, remote and the quad on I cannot connect to the DJI Vision App. It is picking up the wifi and I can control the camera with the remote controller. Though there is no live view on the app. Also I can't control the camera from the app, it keeps saying there is no SD card installed I have tried multiple and still the same. I have rebind it, deleted the app, updated the firmware via assistant many times but it just isn't working the way it did. I have googled this and it would appear that there has been global issues among many other owners. Do you think this could be the problem with my one? Any advice assistance or guidance would be really gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
Mark
Hi Mark, I had the same issue after updating P2V+ to latest firmware, everything worked but no live video feed. I fixed it by updating the camera firmware which had never been updated since buying the thing. Updated to version 1.3.0g and everything is working again.

Reactions: crash1sttime
Hi Mark, it sounds like your Wi-Fi module bit the dust. I had to replace one myself. You can check it and find out. Also check and make sure that all the cables are plugged in the camera. The ones coming out of the belly of the phantom. There are 3. 2 are in the front and one is on the right side. Good luck.

How to diagnose broken DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Wi-Fi FPV module:
1. turn on vision+, extender, smartphone, dji vision app, see blank live video screen
2. using notebook/pc connect to Wi-Fi network "Phantom_xxxxx"
3. ping 192.168.1.2
If ping succesfull, your wifi-extender is alive and can connect to Phantom's Wi-Fi (binding is ok).
4. ping 192.168.1.1
If ping succesfull, TOP PCB board of Wi-Fi FPV module is alive
5. ping 192.168.1.10
If ping succesfull, BOTTOM PCB BOARD of WI-Fi FPV module is alive.
If ping fails - bottom PCB board (marked WM301_DM368) is broken

incredibly useful information. but, how do u ping the thing?
thanks
khundick

Ping test in Windows 10
1. Click the Search icon (magnifying glass) in the bottom left-hand corner and type "cmd" into the search bar.
upload_2017-6-1_6-39-27.png

2. Select the Command Prompt app - it will be at the top of the list of search results as the best match.

3. A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type “ping” and then hit the Space bar on your keyboard.

4. Type in the address you’d like to ping and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard. Wait for the ping results.
Ping test in Windows 8
1. Move the mouse to the right-hand corner of the screen to make the vertical menu bar (charm bar) appear. Click Search.
2. Type “cmd” in the search bar and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Click cmd found in the search results for Programs.
4. A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type “ping” and then hit the Space bar on your keyboard.

5. Type in the address you’d like to ping and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard. Wait for the ping results.

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-1_6-37-30.png
    upload_2017-6-1_6-37-30.png
    26 KB · Views: 369

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic