P2 won't connect to Assistant Software v3.8

Reaction score
Hoping for some guidance please. My P2 which has only been flown 3-4 times suddenly won't start up and won't connect to the assistant software. When I go through the start sequence all it does is continuously beep and flash two red led lights. Eventually the beeping stops and lights stop flashing but unless I then turn the P2 off, one motor will power up, then stop, then another will start up. Really strange stuff. I've tried every conceivable method to link the P2 to the assistant software but there's no connectivity. A week or so ago I upgraded the firmware and also upgraded the controller as well. Any ideas? I can find no logical explanation.

Watch this video.
If you decide to do this and you don't live in either Japan or Washington DC delete the P2 assistant software v3.8 from you PC download folder and upload v3.6 from dji download page.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

Thanks for the suggestion Jason. No dice though. P2 still has the error beeps which seem to indicate no firmware and when plugged into my laptop via the USB with P2 Assistant Software v3.8 (tried v3.6 as well), there's no recognition. It's as if the P2 isn't plugged in. I updated the firmware on the RC controller yesterday thinking that may solve something but luck with that either.

Look in your download folder and see either of those programs are there. There should be the assistant for the P2 and one for the RC.

Did you reset the naza module just like in the video??

"Look in your download folder and see either of those programs are there. There should be the assistant for the P2 and one for the RC."

Just to be clear, I have both programs loaded on my laptop. The RC assistant works fine and recognizes the RC. The P2 assistant software (both v3.6 & v3.8) don't see the P2. I've tried three different USB cords so I would think that is eliminated as a cause. A couple weeks ago the connection between the P2 assistant software and the P2 worked fine as I uploaded the latest firmware. Now, nothing.

"Did you reset the naza module just like in the video??"

Yes. My connection points to F1 and F2 might not have been as good as what the guy in the video had but I went through the same procedure and it didn't change anything. Maybe I'll swing by an electronics store to obtain something that can make a solid connection to the two lower pins and try again.

Side bar...I've seen others mention that when they run the P2 assistant software app, the program never completely loads up and an option to "skip this" appears on the front screen. I'm on a Mac but could this be a related issue?

"Look in your download folder and see either of those programs are there. There should be the assistant for the P2 and one for the RC."

Just to be clear, I have both programs loaded on my laptop. The RC assistant works fine and recognizes the RC. The P2 assistant software (both v3.6 & v3.8) don't see the P2. I've tried three different USB cords so I would think that is eliminated as a cause. A couple weeks ago the connection between the P2 assistant software and the P2 worked fine as I uploaded the latest firmware. Now, nothing.

"Did you reset the naza module just like in the video??"

Yes. My connection points to F1 and F2 might not have been as good as what the guy in the video had but I went through the same procedure and it didn't change anything. Maybe I'll swing by an electronics store to obtain something that can make a solid connection to the two lower pins and try again.

Side bar...I've seen others mention that when they run the P2 assistant software app, the program never completely loads up and an option to "skip this" appears on the front screen. I'm on a Mac but could this be a related issue?

Lets start over and delete both v3.8/v3.6 also the RC assistant off your computer. So your work with Mac go into download page and download only these to v3.6 for the P2 and v1.2 for the RC.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download THis is Phantom 2 non vision that we are working is it not? A P2 has a gimbal and uses a GoPro camera. Ask this because the Phantom 2 Vision/
Vision + have completely different equipment and more then likely support only that equipment. Here's a link for the Vision/Vision +:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download

Look at the DJI Mac downloads and you have to have OS X 10.9 or above so if that is a problem for you this there anyone close by with a PC that can help with these downloads.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help Jason. For now, the problem has mysteriously disappeared as strangely as it appeared. I think there are still some glitches that need to be worked out but it links to the assistant software and boots up properly. We'll see how long this lasts. I really appreciate your time trying to help me through this issue. Cheers.

Well I spoke too soon as I'm back to square one. No recognition of the P2 by the P2 software, either v3.6 or v3.8, and it won't fly. Something happened yesterday where things worked somewhat normally and the P2 was able to fly. I could tell it wasn't perfect as there was some drift when there shouldn't have been and some slight movements were quite jerky, almost twitch-like. Firing it back up today shows the same issue as originally described. I pulled the top off and checked to make sure all the internal connections were solid and they were. Last attempt this evening was to go with a hard reset but without a link to the P2 software assistant it's hard to move forward.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Lets start over and delete both v3.8/v3.6 also the RC assistant off your computer. So your work with Mac go into download page and download only these to v3.6 for the P2 and v1.2 for the RC.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download THis is Phantom 2 non vision that we are working is it not? A P2 has a gimbal and uses a GoPro camera. Ask this because the Phantom 2 Vision/
Vision + have completely different equipment and more then likely support only that equipment. Here's a link for the Vision/Vision +:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download

Look at the DJI Mac downloads and you have to have OS X 10.9 or above so if that is a problem for you this there anyone close by with a PC that can help with these downloads.

Read this thread again.

Last edited:
Just to confirm, it's a P2 (non-vision)...model #P330Z v1.0. The central board has been upgraded w/ P330CB-H3-2D v2 so I'm guessing it supported a gimbal at one point although it didn't come with one. This was purchased used from B&H.

As you've noted, I have deleted all previous versions of the P2 assistant software and now reinstalled only v3.6 and rc v1.2.

Just to confirm, it's a P2 (non-vision)...model #P330Z v1.0. The central board has been upgraded w/ P330CB-H3-2D v2 so I'm guessing it supported a gimbal at one point although it didn't come with one. This was purchased used from B&H.

As you've noted, I have deleted all previous versions of the P2 assistant software and now reinstalled only v3.6 and rc v1.2.

You said you were using a Mac. Is the OS X10.9 or above?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj