P2 vision will not link up

Reaction score
I just got a P2 vision and the controller does not link up with the drone all the time. When I can get it to link up it won't stay linked. Today after finally getting it to link it flew up about 60 ft and unlinked and went into come home mode and then I couldn't get it to link again. Any ideas, this is getting old. Thanks

Among other things, you must turn on everything in specific order:
1) controller
2) battery
3) Wifi extender - be sure it is fully powered.
4) IPhone or tablet or whatever you use
5) DJI app
Be sure you are NOT in ATTI mode when you start.
Once unlinked, you have to turn off everything and go through 1-5 all over again.
Once linked and airborne, I have no explanation for why it comes unlinked.
Good luck.

I just got a P2 vision and the controller does not link up with the drone all the time. When I can get it to link up it won't stay linked. Today after finally getting it to link it flew up about 60 ft and unlinked and went into come home mode and then I couldn't get it to link again. Any ideas, this is getting old. Thanks

Unlinked or signal disconnected, there is a difference here, unlinked is when the quad no longer sees the controller, this could be a couple of things such as a faulty tx unit or an issue with the reciever in the quad, when this happens the quad lights will flash yellow fast as opposed to the slow yellow flash for return to home,

disconnected issues may be the aerial in the tx is faulty or again the reciever board in the quad, without a replacement of either it wont be possible to diagnose properly, if you are in the UK I repair P2 units so you can send it to me for analysis if you want.

Reactions: Chipmun2
I posted this note previously, but for all of you P2V owners who cannot get an FPV signal, it is worth posting again:

In late 2016, DJI put in a firmware upgrade for the P2V, which, for all of us who upgraded thereafter, we could connect OK but got the dreaded "black screen." DJI finally realized the problem and that they had to fix it. By submitting the proper documentation showing that you owned the P2V before the upgrade, DJI said it would fix the problem for free. I did that, DJI accepted my documentation and sent me a shipping label, then received the message only a few days after I sent it that DJI had fixed the problem, but it would cost me $138. It seemed that they fixed some things* in addition to the black screen problem. I grumbled, but went ahead and paid the $138, because my P2V lacks the geofencing that prevents my P3P from flying near an airport,and I need to fly near a Class C airport with, of course, notification to the airport's ATC.

The upshot is that my P2V now flies as good as new for all that DJI did to it.

* One of the things I was charged for was a new upper shell. I was puzzled about that, because that would seem to have nothing to do with a black screen, and because as far as I knew, the shell was perfectly fine. Oh, and one other thing: From the day I first obtained my P2V five years ago or so, something rattled loosely inside it. The rattle didn't seem to affect flight at all, but nothing rattles in the repaired P2V now. Maybe fixing that rattle cost me additional $$$. DJI, understandably, couldn't return the P2V fixing just one problem and leaving me with others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers