P2+ TX Mod with Inspire1 tab mount

I got one...open it up and move them... inside nut.JPG
And Welcome to the forum :)

Yes and No, works like one but the nutsert wont fit in a rivet gun,you will need the combo gun for that, The price has came way down on the tool, $35 is cheep for one and you can use it on all kinds of stuff, when i got mine allot of years ago it was like $300 .
Can u send a link to the mount you bought ? Is it the inspire or p3 one. I think there some that are not DJI. I see part 38 and 45.

Where do you get the antennas and how do you do it ?
I got the antennas off my p3 remote when i did the upgrade, they plug directly into the p2 wi-fi module. There are better wi-fi antenna options out there but i was trying these for giggles and a couple miles is alright for giggles[emoji41]

Do you think that it matters which one I get ? The p3 is cheaper and do you think you really need metal ?
Gonna use a iPad mini or iPhone 6+. Thanks
Well I've seen guys with the P3's changing them so that tells me something . I have never had that one so don't know what to tell you other than it's not that much more and is what I got .

The PIII holder is a major upgrade compared to the original P2 phone holder it make screenshots alone that much simpler! As far as plastic or metal goes I think it's personal preference I had plastic from my PIII it's white it matches the color of the transmitter. A side note about installation you can't tell it now from the picture but the angle that my nutsert sits makes it to where you have to screw in the stud end first and then bend it down and screw in the bottom half I don't know if G unit had this problem or if it's just the way mine worked out. But if it is a problem because of the angle the P2 remote sits versus the PIII then it's very possible a situation where a metal one wouldn't bend as much as it needs to(about an eighth of an inch)

I used a nutsert without the rivet gun and it came out like this with no issues on my Standard . IMG_1399.JPG
Have another one ordered to put on my P2 . Is a great mod

So the inspire one is black ? From looking on eBay they all look white.
What are you looking at ? White and silver .IMG_1642.JPG

I took 1 of these IMG_1768.JPG and held it with pliers to the side of a grinding rock to get it down low enough for the threads to grab and just stuck the top part through the hole on top of the TX and screwed it on real tight from the bottom . I didn't have one of them rivet guns and it worked .inside nut.JPG
I know it was the hard way but just did what I had to with what I had to work with . Like I said earlier I wish I had seen them ones you just stick through and add the nut but didn't see that posted till I worked and done that .:rolleyes: Looks and works fine . IMG_1579.JPG Then I added the blue cables IMG_1640.JPG
Added / This is what I wished I had ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447802640_362131.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20