P2 took a swim...

Reaction score
Hello friends,

Took my P2 out by the lake yesterday, and it did a flyaway straight into 3 ft of water. Luckily, I think, the battery fell out on impact. I was able to recover everything within 2 minutes - immediately took it to my car and took off the lid, unplugged everything from the Naza, and shook it out as best I could. Got it home and put it under a heat lamp for a little while. Plugged in a battery (not the one that took the drink) and am geting the quick Red Green Yellow light sequence, then straight to flashing Yellow (no warm up Green Yellow).

So the controller is turned on, the birds flashing yellow, and when I go to power up, the bird flashes red (only in start up)

I've double check all connections, really don't know if the motors are just fried (there is no burned board or wires), but it seem like it's salvageable - Any input would be very appreciated, from my hopefully more fortunate flyers out there!

Thanks

Yeah, several days buried in rice is the usual reply to a dunking. May have shorted it by giving it power so soon.

Reactions: aerophantom
If the lid is off and the GPS is unplugged those motors will not spin up. if you have a hair dryer use it and forget the rice. If manufacture thought rice was a solution to removing water from electronic equipment we'd a ton of it.

I have a P1 that took a swim in about 15 feet of freshwater last May. I used rice and a fan for two days and it fired right up. I have been flying it several times a week since then and it works like a champ. It's a little more trouble but rice does work...don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

As a television repair technician I have washed many a circuit board, blowed dried and reinstalled in the set working in about an hours time not days later. There just isn't that much to a P2 as most of the circuitry is coated against moister that it could dried with a blow dryer in an hour or so. The only thing that might take some time would be in cleaning up chemical traces left behind from the water.

Thanks to you all - As of now, I can fire up the motors, see it on my PC, but I can't seem to get a GPS / home lock (Green in the back).

Any thunks?

Thanks again - this is an awesome community of experience and sharing. i'd have an expensive chunk of plastic and wire without you all.

Thanks to you all - As of now, I can fire up the motors, see it on my PC, but I can't seem to get a GPS / home lock (Green in the back).

Any thunks?

Thanks again - this is an awesome community of experience and sharing. i'd have an expensive chunk of plastic and wire without you all.

If you are not getting any GPS satellite signal at all outside then open the shell and make sure the GPS plug is in correctly do not buckle it up just yet. Take back outside and try again and if you do not receive any satellites after say 5 minutes unplug the GPS connector and remove the tape covering the GPS module and make sure that module is dry. It might be wise at that time to remove the 4 screws and check that the antenna isn't damaged.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic