P2, Ground stations and IOSD

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Although interested in the ground station- I have never paid much attention to it as I knew it wasn't working. Yet now, with the flood of posts about the phantom and ground stations after the latest updates, I AM MASSIVELY CONFUSED. It works, it doesn't work ARGH! :?: Can someone answer these simple questions for me?
1) Is the Ground Station working yet?
2) If you have a ground station but not IOSD, will the Ipad show flight data ie height/distance?
3) As I have a Phantom 2(non vision), I need to buy the ground station and download the app for the ipad? Can someone point to me a good website to buy this from?
4) Has anyone made a guide to connecting it yet?
5) How is your day so far? :lol:

If anyone can offer any help it would be great- I am just a bit lost in a sea of new information and complaints and It is doing my head in.
Thanks for any help
Hugh

Yes, with FW 2.0 the GS is now working

2) If you have a ground station but not IOSD, will the Ipad show flight data ie height/distance?
Yes, it reads the data directly from the Naza

3) As I have a Phantom 2(non vision), I need to buy the ground station and download the app for the ipad? Can someone point to me a good website to buy this from?
Yes, you need the app (free) and the groundstation (+ some way to power it). US or UK? If UK, Quadcopters.co.uk will sort you out

I'm sure some of the people that have it installed on here will help you out with this. It's pretty simple though. Just connect the air-end to the can port on the leg of your P2. The ground end you connect to a power source and then connect to the bluetooth receiver that comes with it.

Pretty good. It's Friday.

Friday!!! :D
Mmm... Is there any downside to the new firmware? Like limitations to what the P2 was previously capable of doing? I'm a bit wary of doing the update. Everything seems to be working fine right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rilot said:
Yes, with FW 2.0 the GS is now working

Yes, it reads the data directly from the Naza

Yes, you need the app (free) and the groundstation (+ some way to power it). US or UK? If UK, Quadcopters.co.uk will sort you out

I'm sure some of the people that have it installed on here will help you out with this. It's pretty simple though. Just connect the air-end to the can port on the leg of your P2. The ground end you connect to a power source and then connect to the bluetooth receiver that comes with it.

Pretty good. It's Friday.
Thanks so much for the response. I am in Australia so will check out stores. I imagine I could use my 11v batter I use for powering my FPV(when not plugged into my phantom) to power the groundstation.
Thanks so much mate- really helped

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31