P2 Ground Station & iOS 9.0.2 - Is it still working?

Well that figures. I let the update window for 9.0.2 close on me since there was no resolution. Now I am stuck on 8.4.1 till there is a Jailbreak for 9.1.
I always jailbreak my devices.

Hi Modzilla, if you jailbrake the IPad can you have whatever IOS you want.
Johnbig
Negative John. The jailbreaks are specifically made for a particular iOS versions. If you have a version where there is a JB for it you can JB it. There was a JB for 9.0.2 but since GS is broken in 9.0.x I skipped it and stayed on 8.4.1. There is no current JB for iOS 9.1.

1.0.54 is here, so far from pilots downloaded it wont' crash on opening no one has tested it on the field yet

@ johnbig and LuvMyTJ
You guys seem to be up on iPad stuff so I'll ask you;
Do I need to get an ipad with Cellular to use GS or will a WiFi only model do the job?
I have found a shop with iPad Air 2 with ios8 at a decent price and just need to know which to get.
I have read that the celular models have a GPS chip and the WiFi only models don't and I don't know if the GPS chip is neccessary to work with GS.

Do you need internet connection to upload the mission and fly the mission in the field or only to download the map?
I've read that you can cache the map while online and then build missions and upload the mission while offline.That is also how it is working on my PC so I hope it is the same with the ipad version.

So I went ahead and bought an iPad Air 2 and downloaded the GS app.
I read in the Information section on the app page in the app store,updated 15 Nov 2015,version 1.4.63,and in the Version History section,1.4.63,14 Nov 2015,Repaired flash back problem in iOS9.
I have requested confirmation from DJI about this.
The support/downloads page for GS on the DJI website has no update mentioned,it still has the August 22 2014 version listed.
I'm not game to update the ipad to iOS 9 until I receive confirmation from DJI that this is the awaited fix.
The Air 2 I got is on iOS 8.4.1 and seems to be working(ish) so I don't want to break it.

I received a reply from DJI already.

Cathy ----- (DJI)

Nov 23, 20:21

Dear Ptcx,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
yes,u can download the latest GS app from APP store which is compatible for iOS 9

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best Regards

So 1.4.63 is a go for iOS9,now to dip a toe in the water and see what happens.

I have not updated myself, and I have stayed on iOS8.4.1. I am jailbroken and the iOS 9.x.x window has closed while I waited for this update. OH well, it works as intended... if it aint broke. :D

I'll be waiting until I get used to the system before I change things.
As far as GS is concerned I'm grounded for a few weeks anyway.I tried it out on the new ipad on the weekend and it did not go well.I tried auto take off and a big gust of wind hit just as the hex was getting off the ground and it flipped.The GPS antenna broke away from it's mount and it took a number of hits from the props and now it's broken.The GPS part looks OK but there is a problem with the compass.It will take a couple of weeks for a replacement to arrive.

I'm the sort of person that has to try all the options.
The first flight I launched manually and then hit the GO button but the hex didn't go more than a few meters at a time.It kept turning and changing altitude as it should have during the mission I programed but only moved a couple of meters after each turn,not sure what I did wrong and thought if it launched itself I'd have better luck.Once again I reminded myself of an old saying,'You know what thought thought,thought thought he was going to fart so he pushed and s#!t himself,so much for thought.:laughing:

Yesterday have tested de new GS on my DJI Phantom 2 on my ipad 9.1.1
And can say it work prefectly. So now i think DJI have fix this issue.
Great work ;)

Yesterday have tested de new GS on my DJI Phantom 2 on my ipad 9.1.1
And can say it work prefectly. So now i think DJI have fix this issue.
Great work ;)
Thanks for being the guinee pig O J.
That's good to know.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj