P2 batteries

Reaction score
It is apparent now that P2 batteries have shorter than expected lifespan. They are also proprietary, and the P3 uses a different spec battery.

I wonder if there will at somepoint be a shortage of P2 batteries. If so, hopefully this will push the demand for a third party to produce a consumer version of the battery which users can replace the cells when they wear out.

Don't discard your exhausted batteries. Sell them on Ebay to someone who can refurbish them. Or refurbish them yourself (open it up and replace the cells).

I was not aware anyone on ebay was offering this service yet.
Something I might consider doing myself though.

Yes, where is there a reconditioning service? I have three duff batteries. And I am sure 4 and 5 are on their way.

Hi, not to hijack the thread whatsoever. But I was just given a P2 (non-vision) and I've come across statements likes " the P2 batteries... or the P2V+ batteries... etc". I'm wondering are they the same battery at all? Cause I'm looking into buying a spare battery for my P2. Any inputs appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, not to hijack the thread whatsoever. But I was just given a P2 (non-vision) and I've come across statements likes " the P2 batteries... or the P2V+ batteries... etc". I'm wondering are they the same battery at all? Cause I'm looking into buying a spare battery for my P2. Any inputs appreciated. Thank you.

All 3 P2s use the same batteries.

Thank you very much. Now I'm confident that I wont be buying a wrong or non-compatible battery for my P2.

There are non genuine 3rd parties making batteries for the P2.
I just test flew my 2x new 6000mAh Limefuel batteries this morning. First flight with them, and they were fantastic.
No problems at all. Good battery life. Clean consistent depletion (no sudden jumps in percentage remaining), was a great flight.

I've done 1 easy flight with the Limefuel L54P and it was fine. But it's new so...

I haven't done this myself (yet), but if you search Ebay, you'll find some 5200mah 3S batteries that are about the correct size. Then it's a matter of making sure that the cells are in the same orientation as the DJI battery.

So I had to find a solution to my failing dji batteries. Since I'm also using a Limefuel L54P, I had to rebuild my original battery into sort of an adaptor piece for any battery that fits inside the P2.
Pictures speak for themselves I guess. I'm glad to answer your questions if needed.

thumb_IMG_0123_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0125_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0127_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0131_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0133_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0135_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0137_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0139_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0141_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0143_1024.jpg

Although my previous solution worked I wanted something simpler, something with less hassle.
So I swapped the P2 Naza for a Naza lite with V2 firmware. I can put in a smart battery or a regular lipo now. Maybe even 4S in the future.
Aaaah the freedom!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31