P-3 help needed

Reaction score
Just received my new phantom 3 professional. Named it AF-3 because AF-2 And AF-1 are no longer with us. Linked it up to my controller but got rapid flashing red green on controller. Does not work. What should I do. It is the same controller I used for the first two. Have not done updates and not sure if I need to. It does have a range extender on it but I would not think this would affect it.

What should I do. It is the same controller I used for the first two. Have not done updates and not sure if I need to
I suspect you have a firmware mismatch between the two to start with. The RC and AC firmware must match versions. Do you know the versions of each?

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Just received my new phantom 3 professional. Named it AF-3 because AF-2 And AF-1 are no longer with us. Linked it up to my controller but got rapid flashing red green on controller. Does not work. What should I do. It is the same controller I used for the first two. Have not done updates and not sure if I need to. It does have a range extender on it but I would not think this would affect it.
Is there anyway to unlink it and then start over?

Firmware mismatches will not be corrected by re-linking or anything else. Think about matching first before further steps taken.
(Current firmware may NOT be your best choice)

Reactions: RodPad
I suspect you have a firmware mismatch between the two to start with. The RC and AC firmware must match versions. Do you know the versions of each?

I do not know the versions of either. Not really sure how I can get them. Suggestions.

Reactions: RodPad
Thank you for that. It helped and I know the firmware, 1.8.80+. App firmware is 3.1.42. Remote control is 1.8.0. Can I go back to downloads on the phantom three professional products and download 1.8.0 and then put this back into the drone? The problem occurred when I linked the two. I do not get a camera picture, it tells me I have to activate the drone for the first time but will not let me advance pass that page, and there is a fast flashing red green light on my remote control. Extremely frustrating. Thanks to all you guys for this help. If it were a weekday I would try DJI. Hoping to get flying tomorrow.

1.8.80+. App firmware is 3.1.42. Remote control is 1.8.0.
1.8.8 AC Firmware requires RC 1.6. That is what I have been using and still do. Leave the AC as is and try downgrading the RC to 1.6.

Thanks. I have had no problems with the 1.8.8 firmware. I want this again on the bird I now have. The problem is that every time since I first attempted to link the two with the bird right out the new box I can't get past where they kinda link and then my screen reads that I have to activate the drone for the first time but when I press next it simply won't go. I hope it is not a problem with the bird but strongly suspect it is as this has never happened before. I hate to move to the next comparable drone as the P-3 professional has been a WONDERFUL drone. Also, I have all the necessary parts and case for it. Oh yea, know anyone that wants a brand new controller right out of the box. My old one that I am gonna use has a range extender on it and I will keep using it. I have no use the this new one. Same for a brand new charger, I already have two to use. Thanks.

Here is a link for you. You can try this to downgrade the RC to version 1.6. If this works, and you know that 1.8.8 is on the aircraft, they should link properly.

DownGrade P3 R/C Firmware

Tried it but didn't work. It read the same version that I presently have on the RC, 1.8.0. Spent about an hour on line with DJI. My magic 8 ball would have been better. Useless!! Bought this from Ebay this time from dronesuperstore. Don't want to have to return it unless absolutely necessary. Am going to try and link the Drone with the RC that it came with and then later try to get it on my RC that has the range extender on it. What is your opinion about the best drone locator device so that maybe there won't have to be an AF-4. I'm not to sure that my wife would tolerate that too well, gulp, lol......

Well, some progess. I tried to link the New RC with the drone and that worked to a point. It tells me to activate the drone since this is it's first time. There is a "next" button below to go to activate but unfortunately when pressed won't do anything and doesn't let me go any further. I will keep chipping away at it. At least I'm learning about this thing.

Ta Daa, Finally!!!!. So, in conclusion, I started from ground zero. I deleted my DJI-Go app off of my Air I pad that I use for display screen. I re-uploaded the app. I then was able to go past the activate window and activate the drone and take a cute little test about drone safety. The problem is that my present RC unit is downloaded with 1.8.0. The new one is with 1.9.2. The old one is not compatible with the present new firmware on the drone. The drone works great now. Has anyone had problems with the lastest firmware?? Also, now that the drone is good, how do I get the 1.9.2 program that is one the new RC onto my old RC such that I can use the range extender that is presently on it. Any Ideas???

Ta Daa, Finally!!!!. So, in conclusion, I started from ground zero. I deleted my DJI-Go app off of my Air I pad that I use for display screen. I re-uploaded the app. I then was able to go past the activate window and activate the drone and take a cute little test about drone safety. The problem is that my present RC unit is downloaded with 1.8.0. The new one is with 1.9.2. The old one is not compatible with the present new firmware on the drone. The drone works great now. Has anyone had problems with the lastest firmware?? Also, now that the drone is good, how do I get the 1.9.2 program that is one the new RC onto my old RC such that I can use the range extender that is presently on it. Any Ideas???
After all that you been through with the firmware, I think the easiest thing to do would be put the range extender on the new RC and go flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3