oxox-o props... again!!!

gunslinger

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Okay... Many of you know how I feel about the cheap knockoff props that are floating around out there on ebay. Instead of the DJI label, they're labeled oxox-o. Anyway...

I'd been following the thread on the new 9450 props very closely, especially since I'd been planning to pick up a RotorPixel gimbal. Well... The gimbal's here so I went to the 9450 topic on here and, due to a fellow member's recommendation, clicked on the URL he so graciously provided and purchased my props.

They showed up at the door a few days later and they were, of course, the oxox-o knockoffs. I promptly filed a case with ebay and very quickly received a full courtesy refund. I get to keep the props. :roll: :lol:

Now that I own them, I ran them through the same tests that I'd run on the old oxox-o props. Their original props were quite unbalanced, had a funny leading edge and the threads were horrible. These were well balanced, the edge more closely resemble the DJI 9450 props and the threads fit my balancing rods perfectly, although close inspection of the threads show that they're not even close to being as clean and professionally finished... That being said...

Here's an image of a 9450 DJI hub...
dji-hub01.jpg

And here's one of the oxox-o hub. Not quite as clean. They didn't bother to polish off the excess left from the molding gate.
oxox-o-hub01.jpg

Here's the edge of the DJI 9450 prop...
dji-edge01.jpg

And the edge of the oxox-o prop... Still a bit different
oxox-o-edge01.jpg

I hate to say that they seem to have made a number of improvements. I may even attempt to fly with these things. :D :D :D

:oops: Guilty as charged Gunslinger.
But hey, you got them, test 'em out!
I can't tell any difference in performance. :D

I've got some of these. Seem to perform ok, better than everyone on the forum said they would.

My thoughts are that although the knock offs work what will their longevity prove to be?

I think airlines sometime ago started to buy cheaper aircraft bits instead of the expensive Boeing parts and they either broke down or had a shorter operational life which caused problems.

This might be a similar case with the cheaper props perhaps.

At the end of the day, you pay up and maybe take a chance - its your choice.

Has anyone been using these type of props for over ten or twenty flights?

deltamike said:
My thoughts are that although the knock offs work what will their longevity prove to be?

I think airlines sometime ago started to buy cheaper aircraft bits instead of the expensive Boeing parts and they either broke down or had a shorter operational life which caused problems.

This might be a similar case with the cheaper props perhaps.

At the end of the day, you pay up and maybe take a chance - its your choice.

Has anyone been using these type of props for over ten or twenty flights?
:D I wonder what the longevity is, too.
The shell, some repots of fractures on motor mounts.
Battery issues, such as swelling or sudden auto-landing.
Motors and other electrical components like wifi transmitters that could fail without warning.
:lol: I've used lots of different props, including these 9450's with little concern of a failure. It's very apparent right away if props are not working.
Everything else, I wonder and test their longevity every time I fly.
I think these Phantoms are amazing and so are most their pilots (on this forum) :!:

Well, the engineering on these props is not up to scratch. Two of them refuse to screw on so its back to the genuine P2 props for me. Gunslinger - many thanks for your posting - I do like it when someone writes a good article,

Regards

Pete

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl