Overview of AeroScope, a New DJI System to Track and Identify Drones

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no mechanism that brings our telemetry data off our machines to DJI.
Your Phantom and controller have a range of only a few kilometres.
How do you think they could send your telemetry to DJI and why do you think DJI would have any interest in your telemetry?
Are you kidding me?? DJI REQUIRES that info if you want your Bird Repaired or Replaced by them...

Too much worry...

Aerospace is the LEAST of my concerns. Otherwise, if I let it bother me, I’d best not connect my TV to my wifi enabled DVD player, give up my cell phone, never connect to the internet, request all my files of service providers and creditors be removed from databases (good luck with that one), pay and accept cash only for everything, cut up my credit/debit cards...

Our local NHL arena is seriously considering facial recognition software upon entrance. Guess I’m not going to any more hockey games either.

It’s not that I don’t care... it’s about recognizing which battles are beyond fighting.

Too much worry...

Aerospace is the LEAST of my concerns. Otherwise, if I let it bother me, I’d best not connect my TV to my wifi enabled DVD player, give up my cell phone, never connect to the internet, request all my files of service providers and creditors be removed from databases (good luck with that one), pay and accept cash only for everything, cut up my credit/debit cards...

Our local NHL arena is seriously considering facial recognition software upon entrance. Guess I’m not going to any more hockey games either.

It’s not that I don’t care... it’s about recognizing which battles are beyond fighting.
It's not impossible. My cousin has never worked for anyone, has no credit and pays cash for everything. He doesn't use a computer. He doesn't use a cell phone. Not married. Worth millions. He wants nothing from big brother. No. He's not Amish. He's
Itialin Croatia. Good looking. Gets any girl he wants.

Reactions: jwmcgrath
It's not impossible. My cousin has never worked for anyone, has no credit and pays cash for everything. He doesn't use a computer. He doesn't use a cell phone. Not married. Worth millions. He wants nothing from big brother. No. He's not Amish. He's
Itialin Croatia. Good looking. Gets any girl he wants.

That’s cool. I recently started looking into solar power. It’s all very tempting.

Not sure what to do about the “good looking” part though. That might be hopeless.

I bet your PC/phone/router/etc are chinese made or with chinese components. Do you worry about your security. furthermore, i bet your underwear and clothes are made in china, do you worry about the chemicals did to your body?

Is there Fluoride in your water? Chlorine? Are those "chemtrails" in the sky above you and your drone? GMO foods you are eating? MSG in your take-out? Is the sky falling? Worry worry worry much?

At the moment I can drive my car without being on radar and all my information displayed.
Your car travels on clearly marked roadways, it's registered and displaying a license plate, you (should / must) possess a driver's license and follow the rules of the road, violation of which will lead to your detention, identification and possibly citation and/or arrest. I'm not sure it's a valid comparison.

Is there Fluoride in your water? Chlorine? Are those "chemtrails" in the sky above you and your drone? GMO foods you are eating? MSG in your take-out? Is the sky falling? Worry worry worry much?
Once in a while I eat a piece of dirt. I just don’t make a meal out of it. You would be surprised how little I worry. I don’t even care about dying. It’s part of living. I hate to see anyone suffer. I also hate to see a society that can’t learn from the past or loose family values which holds a society together. The bigger government gets, the worse it will get for the little man. It’s ok. You call it paranoia, I’ll call you brainwashed. Lol.

Topic: sell me my drone. Leave me alone. DJI gets too much information. If they didn’t have that information, AeroScope wouldn’t be able to get it.

Are you kidding me?? DJI REQUIRES that info if you want your Bird Repaired or Replaced by them...
I'm not kidding you.
If ever you need DJI's assistance regarding a flight incident they will want to see the recorded flight data and they won't have it until you upload (synch) it to share with them.

I'm not kidding you.
If ever you need DJI's assistance regarding a flight incident they will want to see the recorded flight data and they won't have it until you upload (synch) it to share with them.

Do I remember you once saying you don’t sync? I suppose I could read back... any method to your madness? I don’t either but I don’t have a particular reason. I just don’t.

Gotta send mine in though...

Do I remember you once saying you don’t sync? I suppose I could read back... any method to your madness? I don’t either but I don’t have a particular reason. I just don’t.
No real reason but I synch if I'm changing tablets and want to keep the records ... or if like you, I need to get warranty service.
Currently grounded and waiting for DJI to return my bird

The only reason I sync is to review my flight data and consciously sharing that info with a third party doesn't bother me. You mentioned earlier the facial recognition technology being used at NHL games, we already have that at our international airport, doesn't bother me either. The fact that some doomsday preppers are here posting using the Internet puts a wry smile on my face...

Reactions: jwmcgrath and Meta4
The only reason I sync is to review my flight data and consciously sharing that info with a third party doesn't bother me. You mentioned earlier the facial recognition technology being used at NHL games, we already have that at our international airport, doesn't bother me either. The fact that some doomsday preppers are here posting using the Internet puts a wry smile on my face...

Syncing... I do it if I want to see logs between devices. I fly with a wi-fi only iPad but having the logs on a phone that I can use to upload if necessary is convenient.

Facial recognition could be on every street corner one day and it wouldn’t bother me. If you’re not doing anything wrong, it might actually be a benefit one day if you need to prove it wasn’t you.

Personally I have no problem with the intent of AeroScope.

Remote Pilot is just one of the lines on my Pilot Certificate...when I fly manned aircraft I have a tail number/callsign and use a transponder. Some of the aircraft I fly also have ADS-B-capable transponders (which will be required by 2020 for flight in Class C airspace).

If AeroScope satisfies the FAA regarding being able to see UAVs in controlled airspace, etc. it’s a helluvalot cheaper for the pilot than some other box we have to strap on our Phantom, Mavic, etc.

Fly safe.

Syncing... I do it if I want to see logs between devices. I fly with a wi-fi only iPad but having the logs on a phone that I can use to upload if necessary is convenient.

Facial recognition could be on every street corner one day and it wouldn’t bother me. If you’re not doing anything wrong, it might actually be a benefit one day if you need to prove it wasn’t you.
Totally agree with technology if it is of benefit, much the same sort of hysteria when CCTV cameras were first installed in London way back. They've proved their worth a million times over given some of the shenanigans that have occurred this year. There are many other examples of much greater significance than the humble and apparently now maligned, flying camera...

What I find most interesting about this proposed iD and telemetry acquisition proposal is in one of the claims, specifically that it will operate for all DJI AC. Ther have been numerous discussions here and elsewhere concerning how diffenent “lightbridge” and “occusync” are to conventional wifi and to a lesser extent how good the encryption is that is said to be employed in later DJI firmwares. The fact it is seemingly possible to recover the subject data from all AC brings the validity of a lot of what has been thought and argued concerning the DJI transmission protocols into question. It is more likely than not that all products use wifi with the wifibroadcast protocol being employed in the lightbridge and occusync equipped models. I also wonder if the proposed hardware might inadvertently acquire and log data from non DJI wifi services and wah assurances might be given around the possible use of this data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164