Overriding altitude limit

Reaction score
Is it legal in the U.S. to set the altitude limit higher than 400' if you want to track up the side of a small mountain?

If you're tracking up a mountain it shouldn't be a problem
The reason the limit is 400 feet Is because
U don't hit any low-flying plane
I don't think planes would be flying low near a Mountain

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
Is it legal in the U.S. to set the altitude limit higher than 400' if you want to track up the side of a small mountain?
The user-configurable limit on your Phantom is only height above launch point.
The regulations are height above ground (below your aircraft). - Two different things.
Setting the limit above 400 feet doesn't any rules.

You can also using the search function on the forum for this as there are a ton of threads on this.

It does not matter why you fly higher than 400' under hobby use, it's always legal in the US.

You can set the max limit higher, it just requires you to sign off responsibility.

Class G often follows terrain and you have 400' above any terrain you stay within 400' of (or structures).

I use a 3rd Party app for most of my flying, no height restrictions to deal wth while flying. The GPS flight planing is also much better

I use a 3rd Party app for most of my flying, no height restrictions to deal wth while flying. The GPS flight planing is also much better

Sadly, 3rd party apps don't seem to be an option for me with the P4P+ due to the integrated display.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20