Over the Carrizo Plain, CA

Reaction score
Website
www.jeffreysipress.com
Broke the spell and got out to camp for a few nights in the Carrizo Plain, CA. It's a National Monument. First direct light of the day. Phantom 4 Pro v2.

carrizo-pano1.jpg

What a life. Lol Nice picture, but what are all the bumps on the ground? Any minerals in the area?
I’d be metal detecting, panning and taking pictures whether by drone or camera. Lol

They are just clusters of vegetation, bunchgrass and in some places wildflowers. There's not enough water there to do any panning, but I did see the scattered remains of old prospects.

They are just clusters of vegetation, bunchgrass and in some places wildflowers. There's not enough water there to do any panning, but I did see the scattered remains of old prospects.
That's what the metal detector is for. Lol
Like I said, I'd be doing it all. I'd have a book with me about the plants of the SW. and my camera equipment ready to go. It's an everyday event for you, but it would be an adventure for me.
I forgot the book on rocks and minerals. Disney World wouldn't be any better. ?

Very nice. As a Geology instructor I can appreciate a good view. Is Wallace Creek near by? Next time over in that area I plan on bringing by P4 to photograph it. It is an classic example of offset drainage along the San Andreas Fault. It shows up great on Google Earth, but they do not allow it to be used in textbooks. Here is a link to a shot from the ground in 2015. Flying over would make for a great picture.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice. As a Geology instructor I can appreciate a good view. Is Wallace Creek near by? Next time over in that area I plan on bringing by P4 to photograph it. It is an classic example of offset drainage along the San Andreas Fault. It shows up great on Google Earth, but they do not allow it to be used in textbooks. Here is a link to a shot from the ground in 2015. Flying over would make for a great picture.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stan, I can't say I was near that particular creek, but it does look familiar. I was also photographing the fault line. Here is one. I have more.

faultline1.jpg

If you buy land on the east side of the fault. When California falls into the ocean, will you have beach front property? Buy the way, I love this photo.Kind of eerie.

What's really eerie, is that you can not detect that you are on it from the ground, and so I found a nice spot to camp and it wasn't until I flew over it that I found out I was camping for the night right in the very crack of the fault!

Reactions: WV. Rootman

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31