OSD "on screen display" for FPV

I just got my IOSD MINI working with DJI's 5.8 gHz transmitter. It took soldering in a 3.5mm stereo jack to the video out of the IOSD MINI but all I can say is that it is rock solid. The kicker is that the 5.8 ghZ transmitter runs directly off the external power port of the Phantom.

miskatonic said:
runs directly off the external power port of the Phantom.

what external power port? I don't have anything like that on my Phantom are we talking about the dji Phantom quad or maybe the balance plug on the battery?

sundance2013 said:
Does any one know how the Skylark Trace and Tiny OSD's differ (other than size)?

I have a Trace IV. As far as I can tell, the main difference seems to be that the current sensor powers the Trace IV -- you don't have to pull +5V from the NAZA as you apparently do with the Tiny III. So if you know how the Immersion ezOSD works, where the OSD gets its power from the pass-through current sensor, this is the same.

Other than that I don't think there are any major differences in functionality. Just seems easier to wire in the Trace IV which is why I went that route.

xstatic said:
how did you hook up the 5 volts for the firebug. And there is no more support from jay, I guess you had no problem setting it up.

Sorry for the late reply. I pulled power off of the NAZA X1, although it's not the best practice. Setup was not bad, I used an upgrade board to move the NAZA over to the side to make room for firebug. The only problem with his directions was with the 3DR telemetry, he had two pins switched. I've installed four of them, and the only problem I've had is with the SD card logger.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik