order Phantom 4 Pro refurbished, was received with Inspire 1 remote controller

Reaction score
I ordered a refurbished Phantom 4 Pro from DJI, and when tried to connect to Controller with DJI GO4, I received a message that said "Current DJI Device: Inspire 1; Use the DJI GO App for this DJI Device." I don't know if it's an Inspire 1 v1 or Inspire v2; but the bottom line is that I ordered and paid for the Phantom 4 Pro from DJI.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone tell me about if you can even use an Inspire 1 remote controller with the Phantom 4 Pro drone? I am lost.

I am completely new to drones, and I was just beginning to get set up hoping I could actually maybe fly the drone this weekend......

Thank you in advance for any comments!

Reactions: embayweather
I'm sure it would help if you would include the model number from the controller.

You may just be looking at one of many that are supported within the list of options on the Go 4 app.

Reactions: tak5501
First of all my mistake as we have the P4 NOT the P4Pro. The model number is the GL 300C. When I tried to start the DJI Go P4 my remote controller gave me that message to use the DJI GO. Which is also confusing. But I am completely new to drones. I need to edit the Thread now since the title is wrong.... geez.

No worries.
Welcome to the Forum!

GJI Go is or maybe was for the P4 and DJI Go 4 is for the Pro, but I do see that it looks like it supports the non Pro now too.

I think if you just make sure you are selecting the correct model from the list and you will be fine.

I don't personally own a first generation 4, but again if you select the 4 you should be sky bound soon. Both 4 and Pro are great machines, but you will be doing yourself a disservice if you don't read the manual first. If you haven't found it already, it's available on the DJI web. Just select Drones and follow the menus to the PDF.

I have also found that if you search this forum for the simple word "crash", you can read about many mistakes that others before you have already made.

I would also recommend you checkout the FAA.GOV web for drones, aka UAS, guidelines. Unmanned Aircraft Systems

Examples include:
Safety Guidelines
Fly at or below 400 feet
Keep your UAS within sight
Never fly near other aircraft, especially near airports
Never fly over groups of people
Never fly over stadiums or sports events
Never fly near emergency response efforts such as fires
Never fly under the influence
Be aware of airspace requirements

Just yesterday bought Phantom 4. Have the same issue as lwuolukka described. DJI GO4 can't recognize drone correctly, sees it as Inspire 1 and tells that I have to use DJI GO app. Don't know what to do and seems that there is no much information on the Internet about this problem.

Last edited:
Just bought Phantom 4 yesterday. Have the same issue as lwuolukka described. DJI GO4 can't recognize drone correctly, sees it as Inspire 1 and tells that I have to use DJI GO app. Don't know what to do and seems that there is no much information on the Internet about this problem.

Welcome to the Forum!

Let me start by restating that I have never had the 4, only the 4 Pro, that said, the Go 4 app should work with the P4. Not to state the obvious, but have you tried to select the 4 from the available list of supported drones? If yes, what happens?

965f5e07cc7567d9bb71e99f2f8114a8.jpg

You may also get better support if you post your question in the P4 section vs the P4P section.

Ok the RC uses the same firmware on the P3, P4 and I1.

Try as follows.

Re bind the Rc to the Craft.

Connect tablet to the RC via USB and turn on everything, post a screen shot of the About screen showing the firmware version, this is under the 3 dots in the settings menu

Ok the RC uses the same firmware on the P3, P4 and I1.

Try as follows.

Re bind the Rc to the Craft.

Connect tablet to the RC via USB and turn on everything, post a screen shot of the About screen showing the firmware version, this is under the 3 dots in the settings menu

Thanks! Got it working, updated firmware, everything seems to be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.