Open letter to the FAA

Many good points but unfortunately it is falling on deaf ears.

Reactions: NCFlyGuy
Many good points but unfortunately it is falling on deaf ears.
Unfortunately I agree with you and it is a shame but I thought to share this with anyone willing to watch. For me the shame of it is that for many, many years I have flown rc helicopters both scale and pod and boom. I have maintained membership with the AMA as I believed one of the main benefits was they would be the mouthpiece of its membership for situations like this. Now, I feel like I have wasted my money with them. I have truly enjoyed building my machines, flying them, teaching others and meeting a lot of interesting folks along the way. It has been a great hobby.

Good letter bad political ears they locked into a an agenda that doesn't fit the actual world.
Got off aircraft Washington and fix the tax problems or gun and drug problems..... They much much worse that a few rogues flying.

Hopefully next election we can take a few of you deaf ears out...

I thought this would be of interest.

Open letter to the FAA on the part of Aeromodelers:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This 400 ft limit; is it QNH or QFE? If the former that would exclude about 80% of the American landmass!

This 400 ft limit; is it QNH or QFE? If the former that would exclude about 80% of the American landmass!

QFE would be more relevant but not really. Considering the size and scope of UAS it's only using AGL since we aren't using an altimeter at all. We have no way to input QNH or QFE settings into the aircraft or controller so we go from AGL. Your takeoff point is 0'AGL and it goes up from there.

Did you know if you are an AMA member (and have not yet registered), that the 400' limit doesn't always apply to you? You can hear them explain it in the recent post I made with the January AMA Air video in the News section.

Reactions: NCFlyGuy
It was an interesting and informative video which contains speculation of future (possibly more restrictive) rules forthcoming. The 400' exemption as an AMA member is curious and I wonder how that will shake out once the final ruling is in effect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers