One Year in Flight: Highlight Reel

Reaction score

Made with a P2 v2 with H3-3D, Hero 3 Black - 2.7K med FOV, 30fps. Protune on. Graded using ColorFinale, cut on FCP X with additional work with Motion 5.

Enjoy! Comments and feedback always welcome.

Made with a P2 v2 with H3-3D, Hero 3 Black - 2.7K med FOV, 30fps. Protune on. Graded using ColorFinale, cut on FCP X with additional work with Motion 5.

Enjoy! Comments and feedback always welcome.

Was that all shot with the GP stock lens??

I have seen his review of the lens but i've seen many more that had no problem with jello.

When I first used it it was on a very gusty day flying in ATTI and there was jello in some of the video. Then the next day out same location with 11 to 14 mph winds shooting in GPS no problems and no jello.

Now I was filming at 4K @ 15fps using the GP 3+ bl but just to much work when down-rezzed and have decided to shoot 2.7K @ 30fps and down-rez to 1080p or 720p. I also use a sun hood but see no need for filters.

Nice job Banana, very well done. Thanks for the tips too.

Welcome to the party.
More video please... :D

Nice job Banana, very well done. Thanks for the tips too.

Welcome to the party.
More video please... :D

That is a work of art, and it looked like a great year.

Thanks you too! I have no clue how Skypixel works but it's been bouncing around from the top 4-8 last couple of days.

Here's a couple more:

I just cut this together but for some reason folks like it.

Here's a bridge that was built- donated it to the folks who built and designed it.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Very nice work on all three videos. Very sparing and effective use of tilt and yaw. I am humbled.

Did you shoot in raw or GoPro color?

Very nice work on all three videos. Very sparing and effective use of tilt and yaw. I am humbled.

Did you shoot in raw or GoPro color?

Thanks! Protune. Not GoPro color.

Panning smoothly is a pain even with expo unless you're running a rig with a camera operator. P2s are a pain- though I can't wait to see how the P3 plays. As a contrast, if you haven't seen Aaron's stuff- you need to check it out. He's using a P3- and his flying is very assertive and confident yet smooth.

Reactions: miket234
OK, that must be one of the differences between the HB3 and HB3+. HB3+ gives me the option to shoot GoPro color or flat while in Protune. I would guess the 3 shoots flat by default?

Something else you confirmed for me today. Most of my quad videos are running about 2:30, and your 1:30 to 2 minute average is much better. YouTube stats bare this out as well, as my average viewing duration is about 1:30.

Before jumping on the P3 bandwagon, I want to explore what Solo can do. Imagine flying a Blackmagic Micro on that. Now we're getting serious.

OK, that must be one of the differences between the HB3 and HB3+. HB3+ gives me the option to shoot GoPro color or flat while in Protune. I would guess the 3 shoots flat by default?

Something else you confirmed for me today. Most of my quad videos are running about 2:30, and your 1:30 to 2 minute average is much better. YouTube stats bare this out as well, as my average viewing duration is about 1:30.

Before jumping on the P3 bandwagon, I want to explore what Solo can do. Imagine flying a Blackmagic Micro on that. Now we're getting serious.

I should have been a little clearer- my bad. Shoot flat. Default is GoPro color so you'll need to change it in settings to flat. You can have longer videos but you really have to vary your subject matter - or it has to tell a story - or it has to be really compelling. For example- the one below is 6:19 but is compelling.

For most videos- shorter is better. You have to catch people up front- get their interest- and hold it. That's the hard part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20