Cinematic Flight

Reaction score
Hey I've been practicing for the past few weeks, I've still have a bit more to learn but here is my first test.

Let me know what you think!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXWTwi7rmrI[/youtube]

EDIT:
I forgot my specs.
DJI Phantom 2
Zenmuse H3-3D
GoPro Hero3 Black
2.7k, Wide, 24fps, ProTune Camera Raw

Optics compensation to correct lens distortion, in After Effects
Graded with Filmconvert 2.1
2.35 Crop

Very nicely done! Shots were slow and made me watch the whole thing.

But why B&W? It did seem to miss some contrast. Looked a little pale.

PhantomHost said:
Very nicely done! Shots were slow and made me watch the whole thing.

But why B&W? It did seem to miss some contract. Looked a little pale.

Good question, I arrived on the only morning that it was complete and boring overcast. The color of surroundings I felt took away from the Church, I could of maybe just desaturated it but I wanted to experiment with Filmconvert and it's B&W film stocks.

Thanks for watching!

I liked it. I thought the tempo of the sound track fit the video.....many people miss that. Being in b&w was fine but no reason for me over color. The only part that I feel was wrong was to duplicate footage. Otherwise it was a nice video man...anyone says different..they can suck it

I agree the contrast could be bumped up, but other than that, I thought it was amazing. The turns and gimbal tilts were almost perfect.

You normally don't see that kind of cinematography out of a one person quad.

Did you use any post stabilization?

badbrad97 said:
I agree the contrast could be bumped up, but other than that, I thought it was amazing. The turns and gimbal tilts were almost perfect.

You normally don't see that kind of cinematography out of a one person quad.

Did you use any post stabilization?

I used some stabilization on the shot of the circular window. Reason being my props are in need of replacement as the quad won't stay in one place, it keeps listing around.

Congrats to you. The color/BE is a personal thing......I noticed the great flying! Well done.....thanks for sharing.

Your pans seemed amazingly "spot on". Was that accomplished in editing?

Zinnware said:
Your pans seemed amazingly "spot on". Was that accomplished in editing?

They were all straight from the camera. It takes some finesse with that controller, but its possible. As I mentioned before the shot of the window I had to apply some light stabilization due to the quad not wanting to stay in one place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31