One or more cells are damaged. further use not recommended

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

so my battery is dieing (dead) I get a message when i connect to the assistance software and on the phone too.
it only had 24 flights and not year old yet.
contacted DJI but I dont think I will hear good news from them. anyways, just wondering if I can buy the same cells DJI uses and just replace the damaged cell (i think its just one cell).
anyone knows where to get those cells from for good price.

added pics of the messages
cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20150411_231243.jpg
    IMG_20150411_231243.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 574
  • Screenshot_2015-04-12-12-33-41.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-12-12-33-41.png
    454.1 KB · Views: 577
I too have been waiting for somebody to successfully replace the cells in the smart battery. It seems an easy and cheaper solution to dead batteries.

Greener too as the smart bits are recycled.

I suspect it is not easy to open up the battery she'll or surely somebody would have done it.

There could be a good business refurbishing batteries for the person who works out how to do it.

hi Lain,
ya i know its not going to be easy, but worth a try :)
still cant find place to buy the cells

As expected, here is DJI reply:

(Thank you for the info.

We are sorry for all the inconvenience caused.
But according to our warranty policy, we could only provide a 3-month warranty for the battery.
I will report this battery issue to our department .

With best regards)

As expected, here is DJI reply:

(Thank you for the info.

We are sorry for all the inconvenience caused.
But according to our warranty policy, we could only provide a 3-month warranty for the battery.
I will report this battery issue to our department .

With best regards)
I had the same problem as you... My Batt is there waiting ... (for nothing). Im sure that your batt and mine are in excelent condition. I think is a bug when some temporary condition with the new bat firmware arise that the batt says that warning. I discharged & charged several times and all cells seems to be perfect now but the warning remains,.. I think DJI ... wants to sell lots of batteries.... I think is an on porpuse bug... Sorry thats my opinion...

i Know im not the only one....
another reason not to buy DJI battery anymore, anyone can recommend other brand battery to buy.

cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic