[SOLVED] One or more cells are damaged.

Reaction score
In the Assistant: "One or more cells are damaged. Further use not recommended."
Phantom: Blinks red (even when the battery was fully loaded).
Pressing the button on the battery once: OK status on the battery
Holding the button on the battery: All four LEDs lights up (over 90% life left).

I have read that a few other have had this message but no good answers.
What is it that really is damaged? And how do the Phantom realize this (fast blinking red LEDs).
The cells are balanced at the same voltage.
Discharged 27 times only.
91% of life left.

Why is there a message that one or more cells are damaged?

In the Assistant: "One or more cells are damaged. Further use not recommended."

The cells are balanced at the same voltage.

Are you saying in assistant it shows all 3 cells at EXACTLY the same voltage??

Cells voltage my differ or battery temperature could be too hight. I would try to fully discharge then fully charge battery (probability low, but maybe it's battery calibration problem) and if problem still persist recycle it: too risky to use.
Also I would try with another battery: just to make 100% shure it's battery problem, not phantom itself.
Anyway, it's very interesting to know how exactlly dji battery firmware determines that battery is bad, but I'm afraid dji will never tel us.

Yes, all three cells shows the same voltage. Dont remember now, but they were like 4091 4094 4092mV.
Ill discharge and charge it. Maybe its the Ri they measure?

Yes, all three cells shows the same voltage. Dont remember now, but they were like 4091 4094 4092mV.
Ill discharge and charge it. Maybe its the Ri they measure?

If by Ri you mean internal resistance, then not likely. Ri on lipo cells changes too little to be useful as a charge or life indicator. dji is much more likely to be using coulomb counting.

If you decide to retire that batt and want to donate it to testing to help get to bottom of this sort life issue, pm me.

Havent had the time for this battery. But now I tried to charge it, nothing happens, all LEDs is off.
Without charger:
If I push the button once it lights upp two green LEDs.
If I hold the button down for a few seconds to check the battery's life, all four green LEDs lights up.
How do I drain the battery? Keep it in the Phantom for hours in red-blinking state until it shuts off?

Havent had the time for this battery. But now I tried to charge it, nothing happens, all LEDs is off.
Without charger:
If I push the button once it lights upp two green LEDs.
If I hold the button down for a few seconds to check the battery's life, all four green LEDs lights up.
How do I drain the battery? Keep it in the Phantom for hours in red-blinking state until it shuts off?

If you cannot start motors, yes. Or use battery discharger like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281539734938?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I dont seen how discharging it will help, but worth a try. So before throwing it in the trash can consider sending it to me to test further. I will report back what, if anything, I find.

It is not legal to send LiPo's by airmail, at least for most of the airlines. Its very expensive if they can. Sending a LiPo that has problems is even more risky. I will test one more time, then it will be discharged the saltwaterway and disposed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic