one green flashing

Reaction score
Hi i'm a new pilot and i crashed my vision 2+ and wrecked the camera on my 1st flight. Now i'm flying without a camera installed and i have a few questions...

i calibrate my compass and then i get flashing green rear leds but the manual seems to say i should be getting yellow flashing since i'm flying in non gps mode (no camera). But i am in out of the box phantom mode just without a camera so do i have gps or no and why please... and how does gps mode vs non gps mode affect me if i have to turn off the tx...

Also sometimes i get 1 green flashing rear led while flying and i wonder what the bird is trying to tell me -the other led stays solid green when this happening...

When i start up and the bird goes from solid yellow to rapidly flashing green is that it establishing a home point or counting satellites -again all this without a camera ...

In the daylight how can i see what the leds under the phantom are doing everything seems to happen so quick and the bird is sitting on the ground! i know i could put the turkey on a mirror but realistically am not going to be carrying a large mirror around for takeoff...

I appreciate anybody taking the time to read and or respond to me and my stupid questions one day when my knowledge and experience are more developed i will pay this favor forward to some other faceless newbie... right now quite frankly this flying thing scares the **** out of me

it should still have gps mode but no telemetry to your screen
slow flashing green on rear means it got 7 sats

both rear should double flash green when you input any stick movement then back to slow flash green in hover

Also sometimes i get 1 green flashing rear led while flying and i wonder what the bird is trying to tell me -the other led stays solid green when this happening...

When i start up and the bird goes from solid yellow to rapidly flashing green is that it establishing a home point or counting satellites -again all this without a camera ...

In the daylight how can i see what the leds under the phantom are doing everything seems to happen so quick and the bird is sitting on the ground! i know i could put the turkey on a mirror but realistically am not going to be carrying a large mirror around for takeoff...

Are you sure about the 1 solid and 1 flashing? Never heard of it.

In Phantom mode, the rapid green flashes mean it has the home point. Naza mode is different.

I cup my hand under the LED's to see what they are doing.

Both rear arm LEDs must display the same color/pattern or there is a problem with one or both of the ESCs.
(Same goes for the front as well)

so to recap my bird is flying in gps mode even without the camera and this is demonstrated by the fact that i get slow green flashes. The quick green flashes that happen just before shows that i have recorded my home plate and if i turn off my tx it will return there. One led flashes green intermittently because i prolly got some sand or something in the motor but it flashes green not red so im not too worried...

Another dumb question if i may... can i charge my batteries using the dji supplied charger but in the car and connected to some 10.00 adapter i bought that turns my car lighter into a 3 pronged plug... or will this damage my batteries?

so to recap my bird is flying in gps mode even without the camera and this is demonstrated by the fact that i get slow green flashes.

Yes.

The quick green flashes that happen just before shows that i have recorded my home plate and if i turn off my tx it will return there. One led flashes green intermittently because i prolly got some sand or something in the motor but it flashes green not red so im not too worried...

Yes.

The green LED's should be the same. They flash. If one is not, or it flashes sometimes, it's a problem. Sand isn't good either.

you are so helpful!
Please how come after i calibrate my compass it goes from slow yellow to slow green flashing but does not flash green quickly just before -thus confirming i have my home plate locked in memory? in other words when i start up normally i see it go from yrllow to green via quick green flashes but not when i start up right after calibratng my compass there are no quick green flashes it goes straight to slow green flashes...

Calibrating the compass is completely separate from the start up routine the Phantom goes through when you power it on.

The slow green flashes mean it has 6 or more satellites.
The fast green means it knows where it is. It will record that position as the home point when you take off.

so i should turn on the phantom - let it warm up - then wait for it to record home point with quick flashing green confirmation - then wait for get 6 sats or more i.e. slow green flashes -then calibrate my compass?

so i should turn on the phantom - let it warm up - then wait for it to record home point with quick flashing green confirmation - then wait for get 6 sats or more i.e. slow green flashes -then calibrate my compass?

Yes. That's how I do it.

There is no specific light pattern to tell you you that you have a good compass calibration, only a bad one. Letting it get to ready to fly status eliminates any confusion with the warm up sequence lights.

Not sure you should worry over the compass so much.

I have calibrated my compass 3 times since May '14.

However, I usualy fly within 20 miles of my home.
I have flown at farther distances from home but along the same mag. dec. line.

Not sure you should worry over the compass so much.

I have calibrated my compass 3 times since May '14.

However, I usualy fly within 20 miles of my home.
I have flown at farther distances from home but along the same mag. dec. line.

Good point.

Initially, yes. When you change something, yes. Every flight, no.

THANK YOU all!! i'm doing the 10-10 thing to break in my batteries so keep going out flying then coming back in lol soon as i walk in i check the forum for your answers... my dogs have akready figured out when i reach for my remote control its time to go for a w-a-l-k...

Reactions: Marlin009

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31