One green flash and two red flashes

Reaction score
I flew my phantom for the first time today and while the flight went without a problem the led on the back would flash green once and red twice

I didn't get a manual with mine and don't know for sure what the double red flash is for(I know the green means GPS)

It did this when I first powered it up to update the firmware but this was with a clear sky outside

Is it possible I got a bad unit or is it something else?

Could be that you just need to adjust your voltage setting. Disable the battery monitor is the assistant and tell me if it still does the same.

To get the manuals, go to DJI.COM. In the upper right hand corner select SUPPORT. Go down the list and click on FC40. Choose downloads and select the manuals that you need.

Ozzyguy said:
Could be that you just need to adjust your voltage setting. Disable the battery monitor is the assistant and tell me if it still does the same.

It did this with a fully charged battery(yet no issues in flight)

jerrymac12000 said:
To get the manuals, go to DJI.COM. In the upper right hand corner select SUPPORT. Go down the list and click on FC40. Choose downloads and select the manuals that you need.

Thanks will do as mine were mia
My guess is the hobby shop unboxed and tested it before shipping

Oh I forgot to mention I just plugged it into the computer and the software showed a error for the GPS calibration(it hasn't worked from the get go)

Update after plugging it into the computer(it did the green and double red flash before I plugged it in)

I took it outside(props off) and did the compass dance again and was greeted to double green flashes afterwards

I guess the compass didn't feel like flying earlier today

What got me was the craft flew normal no weirdness at all

So I will make sure I get nothing but a green light before flying in GPS mode again(I flew in atti mode after I seen the red flashes to prevent it possibly going nutty)

Glad to see that it wasn't a bad unit

No flying though for a few days (not going to fly at night till I am comfortable with it) though having experience with rc helis it helps

Thanks for the help guys

Glad you got the issue straightened out.

A user manual is NEVER included with a DJI Phantom. That way, DJI is able to ensure that the purchaser goes online and gets the latest version of the manual for their flying machine.

The ability to fly at night is, in my opinion, one of the most appealing things about a lighted, GPS-enabled quad copter. Of course, ya gots to know where the trees are in the area where you're flying!

Bigbells said:
Glad you got the issue straightened out.

A user manual is NEVER included with a DJI Phantom. That way, DJI is able to ensure that the purchaser goes online and gets the latest version of the manual for their flying machine.

The ability to fly at night is, in my opinion, one of the most appealing things about a lighted, GPS-enabled quad copter. Of course, ya gots to know where the trees are in the area where you're flying!

I figured it had something to do with updates with the flight controller updates(apple is the same way with they're I devices)

True and its also why I have never flew at night as I have trees in the area and without lights it would be hard to avoid them at night

The lights on the arms are brighter then I expected(tried it with the props off inside)

I just hope my GPS coverage does better then it did yesterday(got one red light but mostly green light flashes)

I think I will get the prop guards soon

Any body ever upgraded the flight controller to a different one?
I am asking due to the flyaways some have had(had a rc car runaway once not fun)

Ive always assumed one green flash and following red is how many satellites have been picked up or more the case have not! When just green then all good to go with 9 satellites all found

FC40 Pilot said:
Ive always assumed one green flash and following red is how many satellites have been picked up or more the case have not! When just green then all good to go with 9 satellites all found

Nope its because of not getting the compass fully calibrated(which kinda surprised me that mine didn't go and try to flyaway)

I did have it in atti mode after I seen the red flash though

I retract my previous statement in my last post

After reading the manual and deciphering the flash pattern it was the GPS signal

Now can anyone answer why I still see the red flashes in manual mode when I have the phantom indoors???

I would understand if I had it in GPS mode but I didn't

Its weird

The 2 red flashes in manual mode are to advise you the stick is not centered (even while you are using it).
Let go of the sticks and the 2 red flashes will go away.

ericdes said:
The 2 red flashes in manual mode are to advise you the stick is not centered (even while you are using it).
Let go of the sticks and the 2 red flashes will go away.

It does it with the sticks centered
I checked to make sure I had full range of motion on the controller (i do)

I took it outside earlier(no flying due to wind) and got one red flash

I think its the GPS signal as I never moved the sticks on the controller

Done two flights no problems

well after plugging in the battery I get the beeps and a lot of flashing then red red red green a few times and then lashing green.

scole said:
well after plugging in the battery I get the beeps and a lot of flashing then red red red green a few times and then lashing green.

The green red red is the GPS signal(mine has yet to be full strength)

The flashing green means its sitting its home point(for the return to home) mine did that after I had taken off so I landed disconnected the battery then restarted

I looked into the GPS antenna(the external one) and its pricey(almost to the point I could get a complete flight controller package with a antenna(sheesh) the internal one is almost the same price

I wonder if my GPS antenna is bad(I don't have another phantom to test my areas GPS signal) I do get at least five or more GPS sats with navigation radios hence why I think its got a issue(not sure yet)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl