Once more about solid red lights during flight

Reaction score
Hello to all!

First post ever here... I have been using a P2V+ since one year back.

There have been some threads about briefly getting solid red lights during flight. In my case I'm not able to tell why this happens, because I see absolutely no indication of any error or need for calibration, neither in the DJI Vision app nor in the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant. The lights go solid red for a few seconds and then return to normal. Nothing strange happens: the thing still flies perfectly, no message or error in the Vision app, battery charge still well above warning limit. I did notice, the few times this happened, that one common denominator was that I was descending when the red lights appeared. Is it an undocumented warning about too high speed of descent...!?

My flight mode is almost always Home Lock.

Oh yes, another common denominator (kind of...) is that there were power lines in the neighbourhood, but in each case I was separated from them by 200 m or more, so this doesn't seem a likely explanation to me.

What's the verdict - is this something I can just disregard, since there have been no visible effects whatsoever?

Whey returning in home lock after you get so close xx number of feet doesn't it change automatically into course lock. When it changes from,one to the other is that when you get the light change?

Whey returning in home lock after you get so close xx number of feet doesn't it change automatically into course lock. When it changes from,one to the other is that when you get the light change?

Yes, it changes mode just as it should. And no, the brief red lights appear before it's getting inside the circle, so it almost certainly has to be something else than orientation mode change.

I had solid red last night. Had normal blinking green before take off. 30 seconds in, 40 feet up, about 30 feet away and got solid red. I landed and started from scratch. Calibrated compass, checked wifi, monitor, slow blinking green, etc. took off again and no problem. No idea what caused it but all worked out well. Keep us posted if you get a definitive answer.

Your not confusing the front led's are you. They are solid red to provide the orentation of the front of the craft. The rear led's are green until low battery power then the all blink red. image.jpg Normal flight is red.

Not in my case. Even when it was back on ground I had red all around, no green, no blinking.

I suggest to open the shell and check correct GPS conector into board, because it has been a known issue GPS loosing instant connection and vibration makes it again re-connect. Secure connector with hot glue or tape to be sure not loosing it while flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic