OMG Cant Believe he did this........

Reaction score
Now i got your attention.........
i would like to Say Hi....
So Hi!
My Name is Darren and im a very happy boy, my wife let me buy my first Drone.
I am now the proud father of a Phantom 3 Standard (along with 2 flesh and blood sons).
i live in Perth Western Australia so if any other WA ppl here that want to drop me a line and show me the ropes please do.

Now to hit the forums to lean all i can..... :)

Now i got your attention.........
i would like to Say Hi....

LOL...........count on an Aussie with their great sense of humor to grab ones attention with a fake headline......

my wife let me buy my first Drone.

Maybe it should have read.........."OMG I can't believe she let me do this"

Congrats on getting your P3S - you are gonna love it and welcome to the forum - you picked the right spot for all your questions, tips and overall do's n don'ts when it comes to our Phantoms.

Best of luck - stay safe and smart while flying n filming!

Reactions: Uzi3L
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to PhantomPilots Forum Uzi3L. Sounds like your wife has 3 boys. One is just a bit older than the other two.........and plays with more expensive toys!

We're all just big kids inside anyway! You are not alone.......I refuse to grow up myself!

Fly Safe! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks for the welcome, just got the special edition black P4. First drone, OMG, there is so much stuff to learn,,,,lmao. Some things on the software of app have me confused but hope to find info on this forum.

Just curious ... do drones down-under fly upside down?

J/k welcome to the forum, lots of useful info in here :)

Just curious ... do drones down-under fly upside down?

J/k welcome to the forum, lots of useful info in here :)
MY lack of skill ATM, it just may well, spend some time upside down. first flight will be today. fingers crossed.

Because click bait is a thing everyone enjoys?
I know, but its like when you tell someone not to do it and they end up doing it anyway. or like a car crash we know what it is and we really dont need to stand a gawk at it but a lot of ppl do.

So had my first flight today. FINALLY....
and while i did good on what i thought was a good pre-flight check, (one printed from here) i was so excited and made a BIG rookie mistake.......
I FORGOT TO TURN ON THE CAMERA TO RECORD.........

is there a way to have the camera auto record when you lift off?
have now added a point 18 on the pre-flight check 18. TURN ON RECORDING....

Not all is lost i got my second half flight recorded and i had a GoPro chest mount on. so my maiden test flight is still recorded for prosperity........

but i can see that this is going to be a new drain on the bank account. i already what to get 2x more batteries , i did 3d print a windsurfer and lined it with aluminium foil but i think ill get a DBS (but that will be a way off as i am to scared to fly to far away from me)....But i am hooked...

No matter how many times you put TURN ON RECORDING in to your pre-flight check, you're still going to forget to hit the button. At least I do.

I don't think there is this feature in the DJI Go app but check out Litchi. It's the only app I use and you can set it to auto record when you start a "mission."

Reactions: Uzi3L
No matter how many times you put TURN ON RECORDING in to your pre-flight check, you're still going to forget to hit the button. At least I do.

I don't think there is this feature in the DJI Go app but check out Litchi. It's the only app I use and you can set it to auto record when you start a "mission."
Thanks. I plan on getting Litchi but im one of those guys that want to know from experience that a company's developed hardware/software ins and outs. Meaning id like to know ones good and bad before i go to an alternative so i can do it from a place of "This suits me better" point of view. While others oppinions are good but i tend to use them from a oh this is another option. But Litchi looks to have features im after (missions i dont have to pre fly, but then again i understand why dji have done theirs the way they have.)

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yep, hits home for me. I work in the software industry and understand your desire/concern. It all depends on how you are going to be using the Phantom. For me personally, the way point feature is helping me tremendously with the way I am using it. Like you mentioned, you can do this in DJI Go but have to fly the mission first in order to record the waypoints. This wasn't practical for me but I'm sure it suits others just fine.

Have a blast! I am also "hooked"

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl