Older tablet - iPad Mini 2 or iPad Air 1?

Reaction score
Looking at picking up either an iPad Mini 2 or an iPad Air 1 to use with my P3S. What are owners opinions on these as I'm hearing folk on some FB pages tell me that the latest versions of DJI Go are laggy running on the Mini 2? Not sure about the Air. I think it would be ok, weight and size wise as I use an Inspire 1 alloy mount at the moment anyway.

Either of them I think will need to be cellular versions in order to have GPS present, am I right? For map coverage and IOC modes, Follow Me only works with cellular I believe?

Any opinions welcome. Please no 'Get an iPad Mini 4, its the best' replies as I'm only looking at a £200 GBP budget so it'll be a pre-owned tablet I am after. Many thanks for any input!!

Oh and curveball option could be an Nvidia Shield K1, hearing good things about those too!!??

I use an iPad Mini 2 with my P3A and it works great. Yes, you'll need to get the cellular versions to have the tablet show where it's at, but the non-gps versions work fine without it.

No idea on the iPad Air 1. Make sure DJI says it's compatible.

SB

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
RSV_Ecosse, all three tablets you listed will work well with DJI GO.

If you decide to go with an Apple device, you will likely see better performance when using these settings. If you'd like to see what else is available, I have a list of recommended and commonly used tablets here.

Reactions: RSV_Ecosse

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl