Old Planes

I was pleased to see the dashboard which helped me figure out where this place is. Here's what I found on Wikipedia:

Gila River Memorial Airport is a private-use airport owned and operated by the Gila River Indian Community, located 4 miles (3.5 nmi; 6.4 km) southwest of the central business district of Chandler, in Maricopa County, Arizona, United States. It was used for cropdusting and air charter operations, with no scheduled commercial services. The airport is no longer used and is in a state of total abandonment. The Gila River Tribal Police routinely patrol the area and issue civil trespassing citations to people caught on the property.

I would love to have this kind of open land to fly!

It looks like you have violated FAA VLOS (visual line of sight) regs. Do you have a waiver? It's probably not a good idea to post the evidence on this forum. Particularly if others don't like you flying over their land.

Awesome. I can't imagine flying that far even if I had the open space to do so. Well done

What were you flying? Impressed with the range - vlos issues not withstanding - that was over 2.5 miles away...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic