Ok - dumb question but can't get a straight answer

Reaction score
I got a used Phantom 1 and need to replace a motor (so far). Looking from the top of the phantom, the arrow on the arm shows a clockwise rotation. So that's what I ordered. When the motor came, the silver nut would not screw onto the shaft. So, then I ordered a CCW motor and it came in and the silver nut would not fit and the top of the shaft has a black dot. SO

1. Is a Phantom 1 motor with a silver nut CW or CCW?
2. If it is CCW, then how come looking from the top off the phantom, the arrow on the arm shows a CW rotation?

Okay - I am new - couldn't you tell?

Jack

Reactions: Newbieguy
thanks. Still seems strange to me that the arrow markings on the top of the arms appear clockwise on a "counterclockwise" motor and vice versa,

well it's possible someone may have changed the motors and maybe they didn't put them in the right. I suggest just mounting up, put it together for a turn it on slowly and see how they go. Apply some throttle in short bursts to visually see how all the props are turning, making sure they go the right way.

Arrow on arm is motor rotation. Marks on prop show lock - unlock (on -off) direction. Thus motor should rotate in opposite direction of direction of mounting prop.
A 3 phase motor can be wired to rotate either direction BUT must be correct for shaft threads so as to 'self tighten' the props.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan