Offline affordable mapping software

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I fly a P4P and so far, I have only successfully used DD to take aerial photos of a 2 km2 field.
From South Africa (at least from my location) it is impossible to use clouds service to process the images and create the map (e.g. from 450 images).
I am currently testing Pix4Mapper on my mac. It has been working hard for 2 hours...
As I only need such maps occasionally, I can not afford to pay a monthly licence, nor buy an expensive software.
I have also downloaded WebODM-master but I really don't know where to start...
What is the best option to occasionally generate 2/3D maps offline for free or at a reasonable price?
Paul

the best option
Pix4D and Photoscan both offer 30-day trials of their software. That's probably the most "efficient" for occasional work. Otherwise, you'll have to stick to the photo limits for the pay-to-play cloud services or learn the open source software.

Unless you have a stout desktop, you can expect Pix4D to take a long time to process. Best bet is to let it run overnight. Even with a powerful desktop, we can expect run times of 8-10 hours, depending on the settings.

You will not be able to save the project on a trial version of agisoft. Do you have access to dropbox or wetransfer?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan