Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Yes, totally did! And all of the other long distance flyers as well. To show not a fluke, I did 46k and back on Saturday. Here's the healthydrones log for that: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

View attachment 63569

To go that far, you need a big *** battery. I get 18mins from stock battery and about 16+ minutes from the external battery. Today's flight looked to be 34mins total. The smaller batteries give ya 7-10minutes, the big ones go much further. batteries like these:

Kwv7bAK.png

HI bud,have a p3p so im thinking if getting the battery mod done myself from here - Phantom 3 Power Mod V3

I understand with these split 5200 4s batteries ill get extra 7-10 mins, but would i be ok to change to the bigger 4s batteries like you have using this battery mod,or do i need to change/add anything else ? i'm not that knowledgeable with voltages etc. also how do you attach your external 4s lipos ? been advised to use gorilla tape to save weight/cost.

many thanks

New personal record this morning. The wind started picking up on the way out, so I decided to bring it back since this was my first true long run with the battery mod. Average Wind Speed 15.8 mph, Max Gust Speed 19.3 mph.
Looks like I have some more distance in the future if I get out early before the wind!
Aircraft averaged about 35 mph on the way out, 25 mph on the way back.

Max Distance 26,550 ft (4.67 mi.) - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod

View attachment 64101 View attachment 64102
thats a nice flight man!! I get up early and go out, i try and be in the air 7-8am to catch as little wind as possible. it really makes a difference, makes the flight more predictable.

HI bud,have a p3p so im thinking if getting the battery mod done myself from here - Phantom 3 Power Mod V3

I understand with these split 5200 4s batteries ill get extra 7-10 mins, but would i be ok to change to the bigger 4s batteries like you have using this battery mod,or do i need to change/add anything else ? i'm not that knowledgeable with voltages etc. also how do you attach your external 4s lipos ? been advised to use gorilla tape to save weight/cost.

many thanks
if you have a modded battery, or modded aircraft you can run pretty much any battery you want as long as its 4S and 14.8 or 15.2 volts. The biggest concern really is weight, there is a balance between weight and available power. The largest i've run is the 6600, which is about 550g and is alot of weight. You can either then get single batteries and some 3m dual lock and put the battery under the VPS, or you can get 2 smaller batteries, like 2x2300 or 2x2800 and put them in the saddles/battery trays you may get if you get that linked power mod. You should come to the dual battery mod thread here and learn more: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/dual-battery-mod.57463

This flight didn't make the board but I just want to start log my 1st longest flight with P3 4K, Itelite dbs mod, boosted, 20dbm mod, 15170 ft.
File 8-26-16, 6 56 39 PM.png

Reactions: Digdat0
if you have a modded battery, or modded aircraft you can run pretty much any battery you want as long as its 4S and 14.8 or 15.2 volts. The biggest concern really is weight, there is a balance between weight and available power. The largest i've run is the 6600, which is about 550g and is alot of weight. You can either then get single batteries and some 3m dual lock and put the battery under the VPS, or you can get 2 smaller batteries, like 2x2300 or 2x2800 and put them in the saddles/battery trays you may get if you get that linked power mod. You should come to the dual battery mod thread here and learn more: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/dual-battery-mod.57463

thanks bud,much appreciated.reading through the battery mod thread as i type this

Im having a hard time getting DJI Go to save these flight logs, here's a screen cap i took from 50k this morning. 50,266ft, windsurfers, battery mod.

ATo1yuP.png

You having those problems on android? I've missed out on quite a few flight logs using galaxy S5 with the newest version of the app. Lately I've been flying PIII's with an iPhone and an older version and it logs everything. And now iPhone has healthy drone sync

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You having those problems on android? I've missed out on quite a few flight logs using galaxy S5 with the newest version of the app. Lately I've been flying PIII's with an iPhone and an older version and it logs everything. And now iPhone has healthy drone sync

yeah all on Android. I'm going to try my iPad later this week. Ya know whats weird, is it seems to only affect flights >50k .. i think DJI Go hates me :p

Hi there DB. Are you back.?? I was sorry to hear about your DAD. All fisherman go to Heaven.

Hi there DB. Are you back.?? I was sorry to hear about your DAD. All fisherman go to Heaven.

Thanks max! That man loved fishing and if thats true then he's in a good place[emoji41]

I wouldn't say I'm back, cause I never really left. I still kept up w/ how ya'll were doin, I just dont really have anything new to add, just same ol stuff I've already told ya. If you need me just ask around, I'm not hard to find and I'm happy to help

Reactions: dirkclod
Return Flights

1. dirtybum - 58,500 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
2. mohan - 57,572 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
3. Ed209 -
54,287 - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
4. Rueben - 54,237 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
5. Digdat0 - 53,291 ft - Windsurfer, Battery Mod
6. Fanti - 52,976 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod

7. Lee SK - 52,406 ft - Horizon ESLR - Battery Mod
8. Pablo Chacon - 50,141 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Battery Mod
9. FLPTFLYER 47,642 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod
10. Silverwingflinx - 47,203 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
11. ray rokni - 46,837 - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
12. Pluto88888 - 44,070 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
13. Ozziebattler - 42,746 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
14. Prowler - 41,226 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
15. Phantom751874 - 40,425 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
16. Fredz - 40,277 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
17. RocketBrew- 26,550 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod
18. Sputnik28 - 25,528 ft - Stock
19. Jtrjr - 25,209.5 - Windsurfer
20. Alan Russell - 23,439 ft - Stock
21. Phantoss - 23,009 ft - Stock
22. Phantomfreak - 22,324 ft - Windsurfer
23. tonyt76 - 22,044 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Unboosted
24. Zuzua - 21,541 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
25. DragonFly P3A - 21,291 ft - Stock
26. BranAlL - 21,113 ft - Stock
27. longdog - 20,281 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
28. DennyBoBenny - 20,232 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
29. dirkclod - 20,206 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Birdside FPVLR dipoles
30. yawnalot29 - 20,021 ft - Stock

Hello, I am new here post forum.

I see this info what battery mAh?
4.Rueben - 54,237 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod

I was tested the 5th Long Range, Batteries Mods upgrade & Booster! But I think full long range from Booster the Signal Lost and Returning Home. Now first to Antenna mod upgrade! soon buy the ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted.
My video link:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl