Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Another PR today with the P3P. Running windsurfers only, Horizon 5200 battery and Xoar wooden props, hit 43,228 ft @ 360feet elevation. Landed with 8% battery and a 26m48s flight. very happy!! these windsurfers had a signal score of 95.4!!

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

fJxAtkB.png

nANbkYx.jpg

Sorry for the late update guys, finally getting caught up on stuff. @Digdat0 I can't believe you're hitting that with just windsurfers! Incredible man!

Reactions: Digdat0
Another PR today with the P3P. Running windsurfers only, Horizon 5200 battery and Xoar wooden props, hit 43,228 ft @ 360feet elevation. Landed with 8% battery and a 26m48s flight. very happy!! these windsurfers had a signal score of 95.4!!

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

fJxAtkB.png

nANbkYx.jpg

Have you ever ruined a battery by running it down so low?? If so I would like to buy a dead DJI battery if you have any.
You are the windsurffer king. Keep it up.

Have you ever ruined a battery by running it down so low?? If so I would like to buy a dead DJI battery if you have any.
You are the windsurffer king. Keep it up.

havent killed a DJI battery that way, only through crashes. this is my worst battery, its down to 4240mah and 79% life. I only get about 14mins flying time, but it still works fine :)

upload_2016-8-22_10-42-32.png

which windsurfers are you using?
These ones: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017IP2P98
I think part is the spot I've picked, its reallly good with zero interference, and I'm kinda on the side of a hill. I don't think the windsurfers are magical, but they sit on a picnic table and I dont move them during the flight.I need to do a stock antenna run there and see what it gets me.

Reactions: Strat
I think part is the spot I've picked, its reallly good with zero interference, and I'm kinda on the side of a hill. I don't think the windsurfers are magical, but they sit on a picnic table and I dont move them during the flight.I need to do a stock antenna run there and see what it gets me.

Must be a magical picnic table :smile:

Yep stock run will give you a better idea about the area.

I agree, pleas do a stock run for us. I know having some elevation ,like being on a hill helps. But a stock run would be interesting.

time to update the list, new PR today, conditions were much worse. the smoke and dust in the air was killing my signal this time. But, i managed 46,143 ft., Windsurfer only, stock props and battery mod on the p3p :) 12 seconds from my first 30 min flight

p2VVYFB.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-27_10-53-25.png
    upload_2016-8-27_10-53-25.png
    274.6 KB · Views: 328
  • upload_2016-8-27_10-53-27.png
    upload_2016-8-27_10-53-27.png
    274.6 KB · Views: 288
time to update the list, new PR today, conditions were much worse. the smoke and dust in the air was killing my signal this time. But, i managed 46,143 ft., Windsurfer only, stock props and battery mod on the p3p :) 12 seconds from my first 30 min flight

p2VVYFB.png
Nice one 46,143ft windsurfer too dam your weather is nice horrible weather here in the UK my last 42 flights all been 35,000ft out and back.

Is there a link to the "Battery mod" that is referenced several times in this thread?

its pretty easy to mod the battery .. for lots of information read up here: Dual Battery Mod

and a few vendors sell modded battery:
horizonfpvantennas.us/product/phantom-3-power-mod-v3/
P3 BATTERY UPGRADE MOD INCLUDING PARTS AND LABOR FOR LONGER FLIGHT TIMES... INCLUDES 2-3 DAY RETURN SHIPPING
DJI PHANTOM 3 SMART BATTERY MOD AND KIT WITH INCLUDES 2-3 DAY SHIPPING

let us know if you have any specific questions.

Well gentleman (and ladies, if there are ladies here), this morning i hit the 50k mark on windsurfers. Sadly, DJI Go crapped out and my screen recorder stopped recording at 42k :/ BUT!!! Because its 50k on windsurfers, i did a little video on my cell to capture the 50k rollover moment. This is a screen cap, its the best proof i have until i can figure out where the flight log is, or why the screen recorder stopped recording. Total flight was 34mins, landed at 4% battery.

I'll try and get the log, if this doesn't work though, I'll do it again! Hope ya'll know I'm trustworthy!

f8Yrdo2.png

(anyone know how to fix video which stopped/froze 15mins in? )

Just thought Id share, I went 3.2 miles out last night. It was the most nerve racking experience.
Boosted Maxxantenna still full signal at that distance, headed out at almost 40mph and when I hit 3miles figured I'd turn around. Scary thing, my battery line that tells me when to return already passed that point warning me I'm not going to make it. What was worse, my return trip was only 16-18mph as I forgot the wind was in my face. freaking out had a friend already in his car ready to retrieve the drone, I got to 20% battery and still wasn't close to home about a mile.
Thankfully I remembered to switch to atti mode and once I did I went from 18mph to about 23-24mph. It was enough to get me home.

Healthdrones says my signal score was at 23 @ the furthers point, 16,500 ft or something, same signal score I had @ 500 feet, lol. I don't think I'll be trying anymore distant runs, I'm in a very congested area so 3 miles is a huge success IMO. Over flat ground I could only image how far this thing will go.

As for the boosters, I wrote a nice thankyou to Jacob at Maxxuav, after a lot of failures with the equipment, jacob was determined to fix it and after installing new internal cables and him sending me his personal setup, its working awesome! penetration, going through trees is what I really got it for and its great!
just thought I'd share :) So do I battery mod or not? lol

Well gentleman (and ladies, if there are ladies here), this morning i hit the 50k mark on windsurfers. Sadly, DJI Go crapped out and my screen recorder stopped recording at 42k :/ BUT!!! Because its 50k on windsurfers, i did a little video on my cell to capture the 50k rollover moment. This is a screen cap, its the best proof i have until i can figure out where the flight log is, or why the screen recorder stopped recording. Total flight was 34mins, landed at 4% battery.

I'll try and get the log, if this doesn't work though, I'll do it again! Hope ya'll know I'm trustworthy!

f8Yrdo2.png

I assume this is a one way trip, how do you land it? just autoland? and hope it doesn't hit a bush or something?

f8Yrdo2.png

Man your the Windsurfer king hahaha

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel